Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS' BLOG 52
Banner courtesy of Princess_Ila
SCRIPTS OF STEVEN D. BINDER
Steven Binder has been writing for NCIS since season 3. Sometimes alone, and sometimes in partnership with David J. North. Let's take a look at what Steven has contributed to NCIS.
- Family Secret. This season 3 episode is one on my personal favorites. A dead Marine, an exploding ambulance and Gibbs' head-slapping himself. Steven's first script was certainly memorable.
- Bloodbath. Abby has a stalker and Gibbs isn't happy. This episode gave us the wonderful scene with a drunk Abby in Gibbs' basement wrecking havoc on Gibbs' boat.
- Escaped. We meet Fornell and Gibbs' ex-wife Diane and meet Fornell and Diane's daughter.
- Twisted Sister. McGee's sister is a suspect for murder and McGee risks his career to save her. Probably the best McGee episode until "Caged" came along in season 6.
- Sharif Returns. Gibbs poisoned and Mann saving the day. As you can guess, not one of my favorite episodes, but a solid episode all the same.
- Brothers In Arms. Introduction of Trent Kort. Mostly notable for Jenny storming off on high heels. Aren't too many women who can do that without falling flat on their face.
- In The Dark. A murder and the witness is blind. Notable side story in Palmer trying to track down Michelle's missing underwear.
- Family. A nice antidote to the harrowing "Bury Your Dead". Tony makes his decision about where he belongs.
- Judgment Day Part's 1 and 2. Jenny gunned down in an abandoned diner in California.
- Murder 2.0. Season 6's Halloween episode that tipped the hat to the Halloween movies. Another of my all time personal favorites.
- Love & War. A gun found in a kid's bedroom that was used in several murders. Abby angsting over the "evil" gun. Best scene was McGee tracking the body.
- Bounce. Tony in charge; Gibbs' wisecracking. Complete role reversal which was a delight to watch.
- Toxic. Abby "borrowed" by the FBI. A strange plot, but what we have come to expect from Steven Binder.
- Reunion. Second episode of season 7. Ziva trying to find her place with NCIS after her ordeal.
- Power Down. The team struggling to cope in a blackout without their fancy toys.
LAST UPDATE ON 24th November 2009, 6.34AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
LEAST FAVORITE NCIS VILLAINS
22nd November 2009
I've been rewatching some season 3 DVDs. Season 3 saw the demise of Ari Haswari and gave us the character of Charles Sterling so I thought I would take a look at the villains that I have liked the least. Most of the series' villains tend to come into an episode, do their thing and then disappear barely leaving a trace in your memory. Some, however, stick like burs. Sometimes because the character was memorable and/or enjoyable to watch, like Rene Benoit or Kyle Boone, or because the character was a complete irritant. These are my complete irritants.
- Ari Haswari. My apologies to all the Ari fans, but I simply could not stand this character. Arrogant and sexist, and given his attitudes to all people, most probably sociopathic as well. There was nothing about this character that endeared him to me.
- Charles Sterling. A geeky little wet blanket. Annoying and whiney. I figured he had to be a villain at his first appearance. The writers wouldn't foist anyone that totally unappealing on the audience without good reason. And it was pretty obvious that he wasn't supposed to be a hero. Heroes don't snivel.
- Fred Rinnert. The computer geek from "Ex-Files". Almost as unlikely a villain as Charles Sterling. Not a sniveller, but worse, an uber-geek. Got his comeuppance when Abby punched him in the face.
- Tommy Doyle. The serial killing sociopath from "Murder 2.0". Even before I knew he was the villain, I wanted to remove that smug smile from his face.
LAST UPDATE ON 23rd November 2009, 6.29AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
ACTIVITY OR BADGERING TIME AGAIN :-)
Been routing around the site, and noticed the same names come up again and again. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but considering the site has well over 6 thousand members, it would be rather nice if more of you took part, not just in the creation of pages, but in the discussion threads. All opinions are welcome, the only things to bear in mind are: politeness and respect for the opinion of others. This is a plural site where you can interact not only in English but in other languages too, as NCIS is shown worldwide in a great variety of languages. So please do have your say, if you're not sure what to do then contact one of us Mods and we'll be happy to help out where we can, plus the fact you'll always find a Mod on the site 24 hours a day 7 days a week - not necessarily the same one for obvious, since sleep, food, work, etc., are also important :-)
So please people take part in this site because it is for you and by you; and the more participants we have so much the better. Moreover, we have a great many things you can do on this site from discussion threads, games, fanfiction, fanart, adding info about the characters, episodes, the cast, guest actors, writers, etc. I'm sure there's something for everyone here, so please leave your shyness in the wardrobe and take part, now and again, or more often. Thanks.
Y con esto y un bizcocho se acabó lo que se dió.
LAST UPDATE ON 22nd November 2009 6:50 PM
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
LEAST FAVORITE EPISODES OF SEASON 5
21st November 2009
Last week I looked at my personal favorite episodes of season 5. Today I take a look at those that I like the least.
- Requiem. Yes, it is a powerful episode. Yes, it is a well written, well acted episode. However, it sent me into a major freak out with Gibbs apparently dead in the first few minutes. This is not a device designed to endear the episode to me. I still can't watch it. *shudders*
- Designated Target. Ziva twaddling on about soul mates and Tony's rampant xenophobia makes this episode virtually unwatchable. I keep wanting to smack both of them around the head.
- In The Zone. Too much Tony, and irritable nasty Tony at that. This episode was only redeemed by the discovery that Nikki has a brother who was a Marine who is in a coma in hospital. Beautiful, poignant ending to an extremely irritating episode.
- Recoil. Again, it was Tony who spoiled this episode for me. Nasty, mean and just downright cruel. Even Gibbs was showing a distinct lack of empathy for what Ziva had gone through. Felt almost all the characters were out of character for this episode.
LAST UPDATE ON 22nd November 2009, 9.47AM AEDT
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Latest page update: made by MargyW
, Nov 23 2009, 2:38 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by MargyW
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||Least Favorite Episodes of Season 5||12||Nov 27 2009, 6:43 PM EST by rkent36|
|MargyW||Least Favorite NCIS Villains||12||Nov 27 2009, 10:32 AM EST by Mulchahy|
|MargyW||Scripts of Steven D. Binder||2||Nov 24 2009, 1:06 AM EST by emerellda|
Thread started: Nov 23 2009, 2:35 PM EST Watch
My blog entry for today:
As always, any feedback/discussion would be great.
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page