Sign in or
NCIS MODERATORS' BLOG 26
Banner courtesy of Princess_Ila
FAVORITE REGULAR CHARACTERS REVISITED
17th September 2009
I got such a good response to my blog on favorite regular characters that I thought I would look at the subject again. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and took part in the discussion.
Apart from Gibbs, who is just about everyone's favorite, Ziva would have to be the front runner. Many people claimed Gibbs as favorite male character and Ziva as favorite female. Interestingly that coincides with the EW Poll that included Mark Harmon as Gibbs and Cote de Pablo as Ziva, as candidates for Television's Hottest Crime Fighters (see blog entry on poll), but none of the other actors and their characters were included. Maybe EW knew what they were doing after all!
Abby, Ducky and McGee all got several mentions as fan favorites. Poor Tony only managed one. Several comments to me in private messages suggested that Tony's childish behavior is losing the character fans. Writers please take note!
Several people still regarded Jenny as a favorite, but Kate did not get a single mention. I must admit that this surprised me.
Fans haven't made their minds up about Leon Vance yet, though. Quite a few admitted that they viewed him as a "love-to-hate" character, rather than a firm favorite.
Once again, thanks to everyone who gave me feedback. It is very much appreciated.
LAST UPDATE ON 18th September 2009, 6.37AM Australian Time
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
PREMIERE ROUND THE CORNER
For those of you living in Region 1, i.e. US and Canada, there's less than a week to go till the premiere of Season 7 and all that entails, please spare a thought for those of us still struggling through S6, albeit on the TV or on DVD. Here in the Spanish State, tonight's episode from S6 is being delayed by over an hour due to basketball, and who knows it may even be put back a week. But that's life, in the Spanish State soccer and basketball come before anything else, and that includes NCIS.
I've noticed over the last fortnight there's an increased nervousness among members here and on other sites, rather like a bunch of kids waiting for Father Christmas, which I find rather amusing, but then perhaps I'm a little more contained. However, rest assured I'm just as intrigued as the rest of you to find out what's going on, except that I really don't want to know beforehand, since the thrill is finding out on the day. I mean who wants to open their birthday or Christmas presents before the day? It would leave you empty handed with nothing to celebrate, but well that's just my opinion.
Tomorrow a new poll will be up addressing the premiere and your rituals, for watching an NCIS premiere in particular, although I imagine you will all view most episodes in the same way as you view the premiere episode. However, it would be nice if lots of you took part in this poll so we can get a real reading on this, I mean it's rather sad to have only 200 people out of 5500 people voting. Just look at it as another pre-episode ritual.
I also hope that between now and Tuesday 22nd you will be recruiting more people to watch the series and hopefully become members of this site.
Well, that's all for today. Short and sweet I know, but I've been up 36 hours straight working and brain isn't up to much right now.
Y con esto y un bizcocho se acabó lo que se dió.
LAST UPDATE ON 17th September 2009 10:23 PM CET
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
WHY I LIKE LEON VANCE
16th September 2009
This is the first of a series of occasional blogs on why I like or in some cases, dislike, the various characters. Thought I would start from the top with Director Leon Vance.
There are a lot of reasons I like the character of Leon Vance, so let's examine them.
- Loving husband and father. It is obvious the Leon loves his wife and children very much. We get to see that in the season 6 episode "Knock Out", where we get a glimpse into his private life.
- Loyal friend. Again in "Knock Out" we see he is prepared to do what is necessary to find out what happened to an old friend. Unlike so many people who come from poor backgrounds and make it, Leon has not shut the door on his past. His old friends of his youth still mean a great deal to him.
- Compassionate. When McGee gets a soaking in "Capitol Offense" Leon sends him home to shower and change.
- Protective of his people. When it seems that Gibbs in the intended final victim of a serial killer, Vance goes into overdrive. Prepared even to evacuate Washington Navy Yard if necessary.
- Protective of NCIS. When we first meet Leon he has been sent by SecNav to watch the FBI's investigation into NCIS' possible role in the murder of Rene Benoit. He is there to make sure no-one from NCIS is railroaded by the FBI.
- Supportive of his people. Even when left out of the loop in "Capitol Offense", Leon rises to the occasion, backing Gibbs in the arrest of Senator Kiley and his wife for murder.
- Sneaky. Uses new recruit Dwayne Wilson as a means to get Gibbs trusting his gut instinct again. He knows Gibbs best asset has been dealt a blow with the supposed treason of Langer. Gibbs no longer trusts his judgment and that is hampering him as an investigator. Re-watch the episode and watch Vance's face at the end. He used Dwayne to get Gibbs back on an even keel.
- Gut instinct. As much as he may deny it, Vance relies on his gut as much as Gibbs does. Otherwise he would not be prepared to back Gibbs' hunches as much as he does. In "Cloak" he too suspects Michelle Lee of being the traitor, even though at the time there is no evidence to suggest it.
LAST UPDATE ON 17th September 2009, 6.23AM Australian Time
SUBMITTED BY MargyW
Today I was somewhat stumped about what to write, despite the fact ideas usually start flowing, more or less once I hit the EasyEdit button, however, this is not one of those days, since the 'muse' seems to have gone totally AWOL on me.
Anyhow, I suddenly started wondering whether people do anything special to prepare for the season premiere given how 'fan-atical' many of you are about your favourite and my favourite series. I'm just hoping to have got through S6 on my DVD set, since this week here in the Spanish State it's the Hide and Seek episode, which means we are somewhat behind. Hence my reason for wanting to get through S6 before you all start jabbering on about S7 premiere, since I'm supposed to be up-to-date what with being a moderator and all that. Nevertheless I have no intention whatsoever of watching on the internet, essentially because it would be in the early hours of the morning where I am and two I spend enough hours before the screen as it is; so I would rather wait for S7 DVDs to come out, hopefully by which time it will already be showing here on Spanish TV, so I can start ranting to you all about here.
So, getting back to my original premise, about whether you prepare for the big event or not. Will you be taking your phone off the hook at 7.59 p.m. on Tuesday? Turning your mobile off or putting in silent mode? Send those members of your family who are not followers into the back garden/down to the local pub/next door neighbour's, etc.? What about snacks? Do you prepare snacks to have while you watch to help you deal with the tension or do you prefer to wait until after, once your nerves have settled down?
Well, I'd like you all to think about this question, because tomorrow Thursday or Friday I shall be putting up a poll on this very question, so you need to get your thinking caps on, about what you do or will be doing to be ready and waiting for the premiere to start this Tuesday 22nd September at 8:00 p.m. US time.
Y con esto y un bizcocho, se acabó lo que se dió
LAST UPDATE ON: 16th September 2009 8:45 PM - CET
SUBMITTED BY Sorgiña
Latest page update: made by MargyW
, Sep 17 2009, 4:46 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by MargyW
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|MargyW||Favorite Regular Characters Revisited||13||Dec 24 2009, 4:42 AM EST by MarineCharrier|
Thread started: Sep 17 2009, 4:44 PM EDT Watch
Revisiting an old blog subject. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback that helped with this blog.
Do you find this valuable?
|Sorgiña||Musings||9||Nov 9 2009, 3:09 AM EST by bellswebster|
Thread started: Sep 16 2009, 2:48 PM EDT Watch
As the subject says 'musings' about whether you folk are doing anything special to prepare for the season premiere this coming Tuesday 22nd September at 8.00 p.m. As always feedback is most welcome
|MargyW||Why I Like Leon Vance||4||Sep 19 2009, 12:12 AM EDT by MargyW|
Thread started: Sep 16 2009, 4:25 PM EDT Watch
The first of a series of blogs on liking/disliking various characters:
As always any feedback/discussion would be great
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page