|Play nicely with others:|
- Respect your peers and their work — Treat others and their contributions with respect and foster considerate dialogue. If you like an icon or some fan art that was created by someone other than yourself and choose to add it to your profile, PLEASE credit the author and add a link to their profile page. Stealing someone else's art is a violation of copyright laws.
- Do not use offensive language — Inappropriate, crude, or abusive language is not only unacceptable, it’s a lousy way to convince anyone of your point. Any posts that contain such language will be deleted.
- Remember, there are no stupid questions— Everyone’s input is welcomed and honored. “Flaming” others or demeaning their participation may build your self-esteem but it won’t help build community.
- Report inappropriate behavior — Remove and/or report to the moderators disrespectful or provocative content, but refrain from seeking vigilante justice.
- Posting in upper case - In Internet terms, posting in all uppercase is a sign of yelling. Please respect your peers and do not post in uppercase.
- This is NOT "The Dating Game." Fans of NCIS come here to chat with other NCIS fans about the show. They do not come here to be hit on, etc. Please be respectful of this Wiki. It's to chat about NCIS, add content, pictures, etc. This isn't Match.com.....
- Respect the cast of NCIS - Do not post any photographs that are clearly an invasion of privacy. The cast have a right to respect and privacy, just as each of us does.
- Per the rules/regulations, Wetpaint has an age requirement. A member must be at LEAST 13 years of age in order to create a Wetpaint account. If you announce yourself as UNDER 13, you will be removed without warning.
- NO advertising on your profile, in threads or on pages on ANY Wetpaint site. This includes but not limited to:
- Listing the product or service.
- Posting contact information for the provider of the products and/or services.
- Posting pictures and/or brochures.
- Posting any of the above in a thread on ones own profile or someone elses, or anywhere on the site.
- No sending of messages to other members advertising a site, product or service.
|Administrators and Creators have the ability to use EasyEdit on another person's profile, so anything inappropriate can be removed without notification:|
What you can do:
What you can't do:
- Post appropriate pictures of yourself.
- Post fun facts about yourself.
- Post links to your other Wiki's.
- Display trophies and/or achievements.
- Post only the state you live in and for your birthday, the month and day. DO NOT post your exact location and year you were born!!!
- Post pictures of another member without their permission.
- Post nude photos, sexual innuendos, propositions, etc.
- Post any advertisements for a product or service not related to Wetpaint.
- If under the age of 18, do NOT post your age and exact location. Your month/day for your birthday and your state are sufficient. This is for YOUR safety as this site is available to view by anyone with internet access.
|NO IRRELEVANT POSTS INCLUDES:|
RUMOURS/PERSONAL-PRIVATE INFORMATION ON ACTORS:
- Posting a thread/post with:
- Small Talk
- Anything irrelevant to the NCIS site and/or the page they were post on.
- Replying to a thread and forcing it to go off topic by posting anything irrelevant to the original topic of the post, and not related to NCIS.
- Nobody likes rumours or false things to be said about them. There's much speculation about Sean Murray's health - he's been asked and answered - he's dieting/exercising. Period. End of Story. Do not discuss the actor's weight, false pregnancy rumours, or discuss false rumours unless they've been TOLD and CONFIRMED by the actor themselves. Show a little courtesy/respect for the actors. This isn't high school after all....
|NO POSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:|
- Personal information of someone other than you.
- Credit Card numbers from you or anyone else.
- Phone numbers
- Web addresses other than Wetpaint wikis.
- Home address and/or mailing address. This includes those of yourself and of other members.
- Passwords belonging to you or anyone else.
- Another member's age and/or date of birth unless that member has either given permission or posted it on their own profile.
|WRITERS / REGISTERED USERS / MODERATORS & UP|
- Due to recent spamming attacks, this site has been put into 'read' only Mode, unless you are a writer.
- Registered Users can participate in discussion threads and edit their profile pages.
- Writers can edit pages unless they were locked by Moderators and above. Writers are NOT Moderators and have no authority on the site.
- Moderators/Administrators/Creators have full access to the site and locked pages. Only this group of people have authority over the site and enforce the rules/code of conduct.
|HARASSMENT & CYBERBULLYING:|
- Profanity (This also includes posting profanity in another language.)
- Racial slurs.
- Overbearing and/or demeaning comments.
- Disrespectful comments.
- Boasting about your wiki in an obnoxious manner.
- Pro or Anti-religious comments.
Any thread that hosts a flame war will be locked by one of the Moderators.
- Sending a PM containing any of the above.
Also, please remember to not feed the trolls. This will only serve to make things worse since it is what they want. For more information, see Dealing with Flame Wars and Internet Trolls.
|PHOTOS & VIDEOS:|
- All videos and photos uploaded to this site should be from the NCIS show, cast or characters. Any photos NOT related to NCIS, it's cast or characters will be deleted.
- Any videos/photos containing questionable material, (i.e., illicit, profanity, etc.) will be removed immediately. These types of photos are not allowed on profile pages either. Members will be given a warning and 24 hours to remove them. If the questionable material is NOT removed 24 hours after the member is warned, the member will be banned.
- Please remember to title any photos/videos you upload. This helps to keep the video and photo library organized.
- Do not copy photos, icons, banners, wallpaper, etc. from Live Journal, etc. especially without permission!!!
|Act in Good Faith:|
- Don’t pilfer material — Don’t publish content to which you have no rights. Period. Full stop.
- It’s about you, but not about YOU — This site exists to support an organic and communal body of information. Shameless self-promotion and hawking of wares are strictly verboten, not to mention pathetic.
- No spamming or advertising - This site is a community for NCIS fans to chat about the show. There is no posting of advertisements or spamming other members allowed. Your post will be deleted and you will be banned. This includes links to unrelated television and movie sites. By unrelated we mean no connection at all to NCIS or the actors of NCIS.
- No posting of spoilers - We have been advised that there will not be any legal spoilers this year for NCIS. Therefore any that are obtained on the net are possible breaches of copyright or stolen material.
- No political/religious/xenophobic/homophobic propaganda/slur/comments - This is a community for NCIS fans to chat nicely about the show and any political/religious/xenophobic/homophobic propaganda/slur/comments are strictly forbidden and will be deleted immediately. Should a member persist in this behaviour he/she will be banned from the site.
- No profanity allowed in threads/discussions, on pages.
|Promote the Community Spirit:|
- Use the Moderators as a resource — Reach out to the Moderators for guidance or advice on how best to leverage the site. They are there to help.
- Share the experience — Be an ambassador of the community by enrolling others in the discussion, sponsoring a good debate, and setting a good, collaborative example.
|Sharing of Information:|
- It is the year 2011 - any and all information is accessible over the Internet. Please do not share email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, etc. in threads. Get to know someone well before you share this information with them - privately. If you do share any private information, do it over PM (Private Message) not in a thread for all to see. If someone contacts you via PM and asks you for personal information and you're uncomfortable, please notify one of the moderators immediately. This is a community for all, use the Moderators as a resource to assist you. DON'T National Center for Missing & Exploited Children about "Internet-Related Safety Tips for Teens."
|Who are the Moderators and How to Contact Them:|
- Here is a list of the Moderators for this site. At any time you have a question, need to report inappropriate behavior, (flaming, foul language, spamming, etc.) feel free to send a message to any of the moderators below. You can click on the link to their name below and it will bring you to their profile page. Click "Send a Message",send the moderator a message and if you can, add a link to the discussion thread or page. Let the moderator know of the offensive or inappropriate behavior and they will deal with it. All of your PM's (Private Messages) are confidential and follow-ups are handled with discretion.
- When sending Moderators a message, please do NOT spam ALL Moderators. If you complain to one Moderator, give them time to respond - we have lives and are not available 24/7. Do not complain to one Moderator, then 'run' to another. As soon as the Moderators log in, messages are checked and responded to. Also, do not "USE" Moderators for your own personal gain or to have someone 'banned' because you disagree with them or they disagree with you. If you have a complaint of profanity/cyberbullying, FORWARD the message to the Moderators. It will be handled discreetly, but with swift action. Messages CAN BE forwarded, even if they are deleted. False claims of cyberbullying/harassment will result in Banning.
- Effective immediately, all photos added must be NCIS related and have a title to them. If you do not add a title, they will be deleted from the photo gallery. Moderators work hard to keep the photo gallery updated and maintained. There are far too many photos added that do not have titles to them. PLEASE add a title to any photos you upload. Make sure there are no duplicates of photos already in the photo gallery. This just creates far more work than necessary.
- If you don't want to add a photo to the photo gallery, when you are in the process of uploading a new photo, make sure to deselect the box to upload photos to gallery.
- Questions? Do not hesitate to ask one of the above listed Moderators.
|ALTERING PAGE LAYOUT/FORMAT/COLORS|
- Many of the pages you see on this fan site have been created for consistency with other pages/sections on the site. All of the episode guides have been done identical from seasons 1-6 and updated to accommodate feedback and the recaps for Season 7. PLEASE do not change the format/layout of any of the episode guide pages, character, cast, relationship, etc (there are more sections/pages but far too many to list). PLEASE do not change the layout/colors - people worked hard on them, any images on them, etc. and for consistency, we'd like to keep them that way. If you have a suggestion for something that might work better, please send a pm to #1hotchfan.
- Any alterations made to episode guide layouts/formats will be deleted and the previous version restored, again, for consistency. Any other changes/additions you made will be lost as well.
|◄ Back to home: NCIS Squadroom|