Sign in or
Lauren Holly played Director Jenny Shepard
Lauren HollyBirthday: October 28th, 1963
Birthplace: Bristol, PA Currently lives:Toronto, Canada
Height: 5'5" (1.65m)
Status: Married since March 2001 to Francis Greco with three sons; Alexander, George and Henry.
Lauren Holly's acting career began with a guest-starring role on the record-breaking drama "Hill Street Blues" and she's been going strong ever since. From a three-year stint on "All My Children," to guest spots on shows such as "Chicago Hope" and CSI: MIAMI, to her starring role on the Emmy-winning "Picket Fences," she's played all kinds of parts. Her film career is nothing to sneeze at either, with roles in "Dumb & Dumber," "Any Given Sunday," "Sabrina," "What Women Want", "Down Periscope", and indie favorite "The Chumscrubber." She also played Bruce lee's wife, Linda in "The Bruce Lee Story". She portrayed a Unites States Senator in the 2005 drama, "Fatwa".
She won a MTV Movie Award in the category of Best Kiss in 1995 for her role in a movie Dumb and Dumber. She shared the award with her co-star in the movie, a comedian Jim Carrey. Her three sons are adopted, and she is a strong advocate for adoption, being a guest speaker at several events including Lego Land's child adoption month. She won the Commitment to Children award at Our Children's Homestead's 2006 Portraits of Possibility Gala, for her and her husband's support of adoption. Lauren has appeared in several country music videos as well, the most memorable being her role as Mary Ann in the Dixie Chicks' video for "Goodbye Earl".
Memorable quotes:"It always made me sad that there were kids who didn't have homes." - People Magazine, 2006
- Lauren Holly's NCIS career almost started with the episode "Yankee White". Mark Harmon offered Lauren the role of Kate Todd to her. She had babies at home so she declined.
- She and her family have a soft-coated Wheaton terrier named Cooper who appeared in an interview with Celebrity PetStyles.
- Lauren was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in the World, in May 2007.
- Lauren and Mark Harmon also starred on Chicago Hope together.
- Lauren appeared in Dixie Chicks' music video for "Goodbye Earl" in 2000.
- Graduated from Geneva High School in Geneva, New York with the class of 1981 where she was a cheerleader.
- Attended Sarah Lawrence College (graduated 1985 with a degree in English Literature).
- She named her adopted son (Alexander Joseph Greco) in honor of her 14-year-old brother Alexander who was killed in a fire in 1992.
- She became a Canadian citizen in 2008
- She works mainly in Canada now and her eldest son acts in a TV series there.
Latest page update: made by Sorgiña
, Mar 12 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Sorgiña
25 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|muscatel||Lauren Holly Guest Stars On "Covert Affairs"||0||Aug 18 2010, 11:42 AM EDT by muscatel|
Thread started: Aug 18 2010, 11:42 AM EDT Watch
In the current episode of "Covert Affairs", Lauren plays the wife of the Senator Annie Walker (Piper Perabo) is investigating for a security leak. As good looking as ever!
displays the first of four photos featuring Lauren
(continue the slide show to see the rest).
5 out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: lauren holly
|nathfromfrance||lauren Holly video :D||0||Jan 21 2010, 10:51 AM EST by nathfromfrance|
|lefitte||Is she married ?||4||Nov 3 2009, 6:47 PM EST by Willow22|
Showing 3 of 10 threads for this page - view all