Relationship Time Line
| Season 1|
| How we know Abby and McGee had a relationship: |
- 1.07 Sub Rosa This is McGee’s first NCIS appearance and he has taken an interest in Abby. He likes her before he even sees her, its only a phone conversation. McGee has even gotten a 'MOM' tat on his butt to impress Abby. They later go out to lunch, much to Tony‘s surprise.
- 1.11 Eye Spy McGee tells Tony he still crosses paths with Abby from time to time. (McGee is still stationed at Norfolk, its 193 miles to DC) However, he won't give Tony any details about the relationship. Tony "So whatever happened between you and Abby?" McGee "Our paths still cross on occasion." Tony "Really? I guess the tat on the old caboose did the trick." McGee "Among other things." Tony "You don’t say. Did you see any art on her caboose?" McGee "You’re right, I don’t say." Tony "I’ll take that as a no."
- 1.18 UnSEALed Gibbs tells McGee to take Abby to the lab and go through evidence. McGee replies "I'm on her. It. I'm on it, Sir." His slip of the tongue implies they are either still sleeping together, dating or it is an admission that he is attracted to her. Later on in the episode Abby and Tim are processing evidence, after finding out the killer had herpes they have an interesting conversation about sex and STDs. McGee "Curtin’s wife had herpes?" Abby "And her husband didn’t. His medical records were admitted. Petty Officer Curtin had an extensive physical done before he went overseas. And I mean extensive. No herpes." McGee "Well, his wife could have gotten it before they got married." Abby "Oh, the old “I must have gotten it before we met” defense?" McGee "Well, it could happen." Abby "Really?" McGee "Well, not to me. You know, it didn’t… it hasn’t happened. It won’t happen." Abby "It didn’t happen to her either. Her medical records were admitted during trial. Her last physical was six months before she was murdered when her husband was in Afghanistan. No herpes." McGee "All we need to do now is check Commander Foley’s records." Abby "Is there anything you can’t find?" This is just one of the many conversations they have and will have that has heavy sexual undertones complete with flirtatious behavior between them.
- 1.19 Dead Man Talking McGee joins the team in DC (still technically stationed in Norfolk) in the lab he opens his briefcase. Tony attempts to steal his lunch, but Abby takes it back. Abby smiling very widely at McGee gives it back, McGee blushes but keeps on working. Abby offers McGee a place to stay while he is on the case, it is unclear if he accepts the offer. However, McGee later admits to doing some hinky things with Abby, but says it was all her idea. Tony tricked him into this confession by saying Abby told him how they "closed the deal." A sexual relationship is implied.
- 1.20 Missing There is a cute scene where McGee and Abby are in her lab working on finding Tony. Abby sips her Caf-Pow she slides it to McGee and he takes a sip and then slides it back to Abby and she takes another sip.
- 1.22 A Weak Link Abby tells Kate about the date McGee took her on. Abby "McGee is all mad at me." Kate "Why? What happened?" Abby "We went to Buzzed. It’s a coffee house in Old Town. Sunday night’s like a poetry night." Kate "I didn’t know you liked poetry. Abby "McGee likes it. So we’re popping back double espressos and all of a sudden out of the blue, he says, 'I really really like you.' " Kate "What’d you say?" Abby "Thanks. What was I supposed to say?" Kate "I don’t know." Abby "Oh. Then he gets like all quiet and we’re leaving and he wants to know where our relationship is going." Kate "Oh, I hate that. Why do guys have to push the issue?" Abby "Because they’re insecure." Kate "What’d you say?" Abby "Well, I said why does it have to go anywhere? Why can’t we just enjoy what’s happening now?" Kate "What’d he say?" Abby "Fine, whatever." Kate "Oh, typical passive aggressive." Abby "I know! I mean, what’s next? Should I be watching “Sleepless in Seattle” on rainy Sunday afternoons? Ah!" Kate "What are you going to do?" Abby "I’m not going to do anything. I’m going to pretend like it never happened and hopefully he’s going to do the same." They later make up in the lab after a bit of communal hacking. McGee is visibly bothered by his 'fight' with Abby. McGee "I’m sorry that I got upset with you." Abby "It’s okay. I understand. You’re insecure." McGee "You think I’m insecure?" Abby "Well, in a cute way." McGee "I’m not - I’m not insecure. What makes you think I’m insecure?" Abby "Oh, that whole “where’s our relationship going” thing." McGee "So it’s insecure to want to know the status of your relationship when one of the people in that relationship can’t accurately communicate her feelings?" Abby "Yes!" McGee "Okay, I guess my poem didn’t mean anything then." Abby "Oh, no. I loved your poem!" McGee "You did?" Abby "Of course I did!" McGee "Which part did you like?" Abby "All of it." McGee "Even the finger snaps?" Abby "Especially the finger snaps." After their fight Abby helps McGee hack into the laptop. Abby "Can't you type any faster?" McGee Not unless I grow another arm." Abby "Here, let me." She then wraps her arms around his shoulders and types with him on the same laptop. He looks up at her and smiles. This is the first but not the last time they type together like this.
- 1.23 Reveille At the very beginning of this episode McGee and Abby are arguing over who is going to wake up Gibbs. When Gibbs wakes up McGee and Abby explain to Gibbs that McGee figured out how to find out who Ari is. (Gibbs doesn't know Ari's name yet.) Abby backs up McGee's idea. We find out McGee spent the night at Abby‘s. He is shocked to find he slept in a coffin. Gibbs "All right. That’s worth a hall pass. I’ll call Norfolk. He stay at your place?" Abby "Yeah." Gibbs "Did you sleep in the coffin, McGee?" (Gibbs leaves the room.) McGee "Coffin!? You said it was a box sofa bed." Abby "Well, it is… sort of." McGee "That’s why you wouldn’t turn the lights on. I can’t believe I slept in a coffin." Abby(smiles) "Not just slept." Abby and McGee are 'playing' in her lab with the age progression software. Abby "Okay, now make him older than mummy dust. Oh, that’s so cool! Okay. Now as a young guy on his first date. He wasn’t a late bloomer like you, McGee. Oh, he’s so cute!" McGee "You think so? " Abby "Oh, well not cuter than you." (She hugs him from behind) McGee "Abs, I’m trying to work." Abby "Sorry." McGee "No, I like it. It’s just I can’t concentrate" Abby "Okay. What if I watch from way over here!?" (She walks across the lab and bumps into Gibbs. He gets very mad and irritated. He yells at McGee and Abby He tells McGee if he doesn't get a match within 3 days he's going to think that McGee's idea was just a ploy to play house with Abby. After Gibbs storms out Abby and McGee look at each other and smile. Like they thought it was funny that Gibbs got so mad at them.) In the bullpen Abby is sitting suggestively on Gibb's desk next to McGee who is sitting in Gibbs' chair. They are talking to Tony and Ducky about Ari. It seems throughout the episode Abby and McGee have completely gotten over their fight from the last episode.
| Season 2|
- By this season it seems the sexual relationship has amicably dissolved:
- 2.01 See No Evil Abby and McGee are hacking into a computer. She gets discouraged and McGee lifts her spirits by figuring out they were hacking in the wrong place. He starts to geek-speak. Abby "I love it when you talk geek." McGee "I love it when you love it." While in Autopsy working on the computers (because there is no AC and the computers in her lab over heated) McGee and Abby have a cute conversation about whether or not they are Team McGee or Team Abby. McGee "Yes, team McGee does it again." Abby "Why team McGee?" McGee "No offense, I am the Special Agent. He must have switched off the audio." Abby "Team Abby. I’m the smart one" At the end of this episode McGee gets permanently assigned to Gibbs' team.
- 2.03 Vanished McGee sends Abby the pictures of the crop circles, they discuss whether the crop circles are the work of farmers or aliens. Abby tells McGee to get her 'evidence', and says she will show him her new tat if he does as she asks, however he does not know the tat is on her ankle. Abby "Whoa, McGee. You are turning me on! It’s very Glastonbury, circa nineteen eighties. I mean, not quite as large or elaborate, but it’s a fascinating pictogram." McGee "I’m not familiar with Glastonbury." Abby "Southern England. Where most of the crop circles were found." McGee "Abby they’re hoaxes." Abby "Yeah, but...They are interesting." McGee "Yeah, actually I put them right up there with Tarot cards and telephone psychics. I thought two farmers admitted to creating them." Abby "Well, yeah, but there’s been over ten thousand reported all over the world. There’s no way those two did them all." McGee "Abby, nothing paranormal happened here." Abby "Yeah, there was no damage to the helicopter, yet the entire crew vanished." McGee "You can’t take crop circles seriously. You’re a scientist. There’s a logical explanation." Abby "Listen to me, McGee. I need pictures, and lots of them. And specimens of stalks down to the roots. And a core sample of soil at least twelve inches. And make sure you get a control sample from outside the circle." McGee "Abby, we’re looking for two missing Marines." Abby "Come on, McGee! Do it for me, please. I’ll show you my new tat." Later on in her lab she talks crop circles and aliens and McGee tries to reel her back into reality and talk about the case. Abby "Did you feel any energy when you were inside the circle, McGee? Did you get a tingling sensation or start to vibrate?" McGee "You’re going to start to vibrate if you don’t do what Gibbs wants." Abby "I’m running tests on the molecular structure of plants from within and outside the circle." McGee "Okay Abby, Gibbs made it clear… the priority is the cabin fire." Abby "You know, people try to imitate the real thing, but the notion that all recorded formations were man-made with simple flattening tools does not explain the well-documented plant alterations by electromagnetic effects." McGee "I warned you…" In her lab she tells McGee she is re-running the evidence he brought back for her because she can't find anything. He is worried about her and tells her to go home and get some sleep since she hasn't slept in two days. Abby "There is a definite difference." McGee "I don’t see it." Abby "Look at the elongated node. It’s undamaged. The plants inside the crop circle were changed in a way that is beyond human ability. I’m rerunning an analysis hoping to find anomalous molecular change to the stalks within the circle. I’m betting they were subjected to very short blasts of high energy heat, possibly microwave generated." McGee "Re-running because you came up empty. Look Abby, you’re looking for something that isn’t there. You’ve been here for two days straight. You’re tired. You’ve done everything that Gibbs has asked. So go home, get some sleep." Abby "I can’t sleep! (He starts typing on her computer) What are you doing?" McGee "You’re guilty of confirmation bias. It’s not there, Abs. You’re ignoring the obvious and you’re searching for microscopic proof of something that doesn’t exist." Abby "Maybe I should join the CIA." McGee "Look at the big picture. The design of the smaller, outer circles was created by bending the corn stalks down in a clockwise direction. But look under the helicopter. Those plants were forced outward from the center by the downdraft of the blades. The corn was still standing and was forced down by the landing of the Cobra. This crop circle is a hoax, Abby.(he puts his hand on her shoulder) It’s created… it’s created around a parked helicopter." Abby "Why would anyone do that?" He gets her to tell Gibbs that crop circles are a hoax.
- 2.04 LT. Jane Doe McGee is rewiring Abby's hotbox. He is lying on his back under her desk, while she is sitting in her desk chair. She is wearing a skirt so he probably has a good view while he works. McGee "Is that good for you?" Abby "Trust me Mr. Goodwrench. I'm smiling." (Gibbs enters and wants to know what the heck McGee is doing. McGee gets nervous and Abby geek-speaks to Gibbs about her hotbox. Gibbs leaves the lab.) McGee says "If I said that to Gibbs I would be seeing stars." Abby(smiles flirtatiously) "Well that is the advantage of being me. Now get back down there." Abby gets very jealous when McGee lets Petty Officer Cluxton observe Abby working in her lab. She threatens him when he starts to show Petty Officer Cluxton the polarizing microscope. She voices her jealousy by saying "You two that formal when exchanging bodily fluids?" and making other smart alik comments while Cluxton is in the lab. Later on Abby seems happy to find out that P.O. Cluxton is a lesbian and her and McGee are just friends.
- 2.05 The Bone Yard Just before Abby's computer gets hacked Abby mentions that the dead guy was cute. Abby "Hey! I just I.D.’d your body. And he’s cute." McGee "He’s dead." Abby "I know." McGee(jealous) "He’s also a major criminal." Abby "What can I say, I’m attracted to that bad boy type." Her computer then gets hacked. McGee tries to help her stop the hacker but since the virus is moving too fast he can't get it to stop either. Finally Gibbs walks in and pulls the plug on her computer. Later on they turn her computer back on and the hacker comes back but they find out that the hacker is the FBI. Abby and McGee are in her lab going through evidence. Abby "You know what I think, McGee?" McGee "What?" Abby "I think you’re more interested in me than what I’m doing." McGee "That’s not true! Not that I’m not interested in you. I am. But I’m more interested in… the work. Well, how could you say that?" Abby "Because what I’m looking at through the microscope." McGee "Yeah." Abby "Is up there on that screen."
- 2.07 Call Of Silence McGee and Abby work together to make a computer reenactment of The Battle of Iwo Jima.
- 2.08 Heartbreak Abby believes and agrees with McGee about SHC(spontaneous human combustion). McGee comes down to Abby's lab just to check on her and see what she is working on. To Tony, McGee makes two separate claims of having a date; Once at the beginning Tony says that McGee and him were the only ones alone last night. McGee tells him to speak for himself. And one at the end of the episode. It could be Abby, but Tony probably would have known about it already.
- 2.09 Forced Entry McGee and Abby are working on evidence in her lab. Abby "Hey, McGee. You ready to plunge into the seedy side of the internet with me?" McGee "I thought we agreed never to discuss that at work." Abby "McGee, I’m talking about the case". McGee "Right, the case." Possibly hinting at a sexual relationship still. When Abby and McGee show the website they found to the others, Abby shows her profile she just made. Kate and Tony comment "You have a profile." McGee rushes to deny it for Abby before Abby has a chance to deny it herself and explain that she made it so that she could access the suspect and the victim's pages. Abby goes undercover at the website company, she turns the camera to herself and asks if McGee is there. When he replies "Here Abs." , she says in a very flirty, longing voice "Hi, McGee." He smiles and while blushing, says "Hey." McGee and Abby continue to flirt throughout this episode. At the very end of this episode Abby finally gets a hold of Gibbs. She was calling him to tell him who the attacker is. He says he already knows and hangs up on her. Abby "They know. (Abby points the phone at McGee.) Did you know?" McGee "No." Abby "If I find out that you knew, I will kill you."
- 2.10 Chained McGee is hiding out from Gibbs in Abby's lab. When Gibbs asks for McGee, Abby walks over to him, puts the headset no his head. When Abby and McGee walk back into view of the video feed, look really close, they are holding hands. Abby and McGee discuss where Abby should have put Tony's GPS chip.
- 2.12 Doppelganger Near the beginning of the episode McGee tells Gibbs that Abby is swamped. McGee gets himself assigned to help Abby. Tony makes a smart-alik remark about McGee being alone with Abby. When McGee stops by Abby's lab he brings her a Caf-Pow and they have a lengthy conversation about crappy jobs. We find out that McGee was a burnt potato-chip picker, porta potty cleaner (when it was the hottest summer on record), and cleaned asbestos. Abby was an incinerator operator, ski lift operator (when it was -44 degrees F) and collected road kill. McGee tells another Navy computer geek that Abby is the one that found the code. When the Navy geek asks if Abby is hot McGee says she is probably not his type. McGee "Tats, piercings, dark makeup" The Geek asks if she is goth and McGee says yes the Geek says "I love goth!" McGee then gets visibly jealous and protective. The Geek asks McGee more about Abby and McGee tells the Geek that he can't work and talk at the same time. When McGee and Abby are in her lab they talk about Viagra for women. Tim laughs at the idea but Abby gets irritated and Tim immediately backtracks. McGee "Viagra for women?" Abby "Why is that funny, McGee?" McGee "It’s not that it’s funny. It’s, you know, women…" Abby "Women don’t need to be turned on before they perform?" McGee "No, that’s not what I mean, Abby." Towards the end of this episode McGee and Abby are in her lab. McGee is feeling depressed about not finding a computer code. McGee "How could I have missed this yesterday?" Abby "No one gets everything right the first time, McGee. Except Gibbs." McGee "I just can’t believe that Niles did it." Abby "McGee, you’re so… trusting." McGee "What’s wrong with that?" Abby "Well, it’s great in a relationship. Kind of sucks for an investigation. (Abby walks up behind him, ruffles his hair and kisses his head.) Oh, poor baby." This immediately makes McGee feel better and he smiles ear-to-ear.
- 2.13 The Meat Puzzle McGee talks about having to wear a mouth guard for teeth grinding as a kid and Abby says he still should. This implies that they still sleep together from time-to-time.
- 2.14 Witness McGee hounds Abby in her lab hoping she can help him prove that the crime scene really IS a crime scene. Abby "If it is a crime scene." McGee "Abby, It is a crime scene." Abby "Okay McGee. It is a crime scene." Throughout the episode Abby is visibly jealous of Erin (the witness). When Erin is in Abby's lab with McGee Abby gets very annoyed with Erin messing around on her computer. And because Erin is sitting so close to McGee. Her music even changes from normal to very mad and annoying and is louder than normal.
- 2.15 Caught On Tape McGee says Abby's surgical hat she made "suits her". He also bet Abby $20 that she could not make Kate wear a hat that matches hers. Abby wins the bet. This is also the infamous poison ivy episode. McGee gets severe poison ivy everywhere. His arms, hands, face, boys. He looks a lot like Two-Face from Batman. Abby jokes around and tells him to use calamine lotion or wear a mask. She tries to make him feel better by telling him the same thing happened to Tony during his first year. Time asks her how he looks and Abby replies "You are the fairest of the land McGee." At the very end of this episode Abby, Kate and Tony are talking about weather or not men and woman can be friends. Tony says they can't, Kate says they can and Abby says they can if they have sex. She then asks Tony and Kate if they've ever has sex with a friend. Maybe Abby is talking about her relationship with McGee. Friends with benefits?
- 2.16 Pop Life Abby and McGee are in her lab processing evidence when Gibbs, Tony, and Kate walk in. They start talking about the case and Tony says "Suspect claims he went to bed with one woman and woke up with another." Abby "That happens to girls, too. At night, some guy seems all dark and gnarly, and then you wake up and his tattoos are fake and he works at a bank." McGee "I used to work at a bank." Abby "Your tat is real and you don't disappoint me." Tony and Kate look at each other surprised at what Abby said, McGee looks shocked at what she said and quickly changes the subject back to the case. Again this implies that McGee and Abby still sleep together. Abby and Palmer get accidentally super glued together. Abby drags Palmer across Autopsy trying to get unstuck. McGee walks in to see Palmer's hands gripped tightly around Abby's wrists and notices Abby looks distressed. McGee protectively yells "Palmer!! What the hell are you doing?!" Palmer is at a loss for words. Abby says "McGee, I need acetone and band-aids fast!" Later on, McGee and Abby are in her lab. Abby say "You didn't have to yell at him. He's terrified of you now." McGee "Really? Cool." They talk about the case for a few minutes. Abby calls McGee 'He-Man' and asks if he got a print from AFIS. McGee says he will apologize to Palmer later. Abby nods her head in agreement. McGee starts to explain that he was just being protective of her but AFIS starts beeping and it interrupts his speech.
- 2.17 An Eye For An Eye Abby and McGee are in her lab hacking into a petty officers laptop. Gibbs walks in waiting to know what is on the laptop. McGee and Abby 'Geek-Speak' to Gibbs. The entire time they finish each others sentences. This shows that they know each other so well they know what the other is thinking
- 2.18 Bikini Wax Abby and McGee are in her lab looking through evidence. McGee holds up a bag containing a container of glue. He asks Abby what it is and she replies that it is called 'Bikini Glue' it's used to hold bikini bottoms in place so they don't ride up. McGee says he's never heard of it before. Abby informs him that she used to go through sticks of it when she was 'on the circuit'. McGee looks at her interested in her story. Abby says "There's so much you don't know about me." They talk about the case for a few minutes, and they start wondering where Kate is. When Kate walks in with the dead woman's letters McGee divides the pile into thirds and tells Abby and Kate to start looking through the mail. Abby says "I love it when you're rough, McGee."
- 2.19 Conspiracy Theory In the beginning of this episode McGee brings Abby a caf-pow.
- 2.20 Red Cell There is an unnamed girl in McGee's apartment when Tony and Kate barge in unannounced, but no one is in the apartment when she finally comes out dressed in only a black t-shirt. <---This is actually Tim's sister, Sarah, who we meet again in Season 4 (Episode is titled: Twisted Sister) Abby picks on Tim when they are in her lab because he plays the MIT card. Later on in the episode he gets down about not being able to find the suspect and Abby tries to cheer him up by saying "We are better! I thought you went to MIT!" When telling DiNozzo and Abby about having only a 3.9GPA at MIT(he failed a fencing class), he is looking at Abby when he admits that he didn't have a perfect GPA. This episode is also the one where Abby tells the 'creepy voice' "You might be smart, but MY geek carries a gun!" Therefore implying Tim is 'hers'.
- 2.21 Hometown Hero McGee and Tony walk in on Palmer giving Abby a neck massage, McGee does not look happy about the situation. Abby then asks McGee if he knows anything about ki, implying she wants a massage from him. McGee and Abby play rock, paper, scissors to see who is going to ask Gibbs if they can leave or if they have to stay. Also Abby gets McGee to try and fix her Mass Spectrometer.
- 2.22 SWAK We learn that McGee was the only one from the team that went to Abby's birthday party with her friends.
| Season 3|
- 3.01 Kill Ari (part 1) While in the evidence garage, Abby is pulling slugs out of the sedan. She is leaning into the trunk, Tim stands behind her and stares at her butt. Without turning around Abby playfully says "Quit staring at my butt and get me an evidence jar." She looks disturbed when she realizes how close Tim came to dying. If the terrorist didn't shoot at him and make him move, Ari's shot would have killed him. Tim is sad when Abby finds it sweet that McGee wants to protect her, but doesn't realize that's all he wanted to do, with or without Gibbs' orders. McGee "What is with this music?" Abby "I’m playing it out of respect for Kate." McGee "I though you’re from New Orleans?" Abby "So?" McGee "Well, don’t they play jazz at funerals?" Abby "Coming from the cemetery after the body has been buried. On the way to the cemetery, we play a dirge. Do you know what a dirge is, Timmy?" McGee "Creepy music?" Abby "Can you go back to the squad room and let me do my job?" McGee "I can’t." Abby(suspicious) "Why?" McGee "Gibbs…Gibbs told me to watch over you." Abby "Oh. That is so sweet!" (She turns back to her computer, leaving McGee nonplussed.) Abby Gibb-slaps McGee twice. Once in the evidence garage and once in her lab when he is fantasizing about Kate. He doesn't even flinch, he just smiles and takes it. When Gibbs is in Abby's lab, McGee tries to pick up a rifle and she slaps McGee's hand away from the rifles.
- 3.02 Kill Ari (part 2) The entire episode...McGee is assigned as Abby's protection. Abby and McGee are the ones that try to calm Gibbs down by telling him that they think Ducky is with Gerald at a pub. When Gerald gets to NCIS, Abby reviles that she can drive a stick and talks about Bubba (her childhood dog) with McGee and Gerald. Abby catches a break in the case and comes running into the bullpen. Abby "McGee! Didn’t Tony match the tire tracks to a Chevy Suburban?" McGee "Uh, yeah. Bridgestone Duelers. Factory issue.(Abby sits down at his desk and starts typing at his computer) Uh, what are you doing?" Abby "We caught a break. N-O-R orbited a new Keyhole. They’re doing calibration tests using the seventh hole of the Norfolk Naval golf course. Abby "Why the seventh hole? McGee "See? That’s why I dig you, McGee. You think specific. Whatever the reason, we are grateful because that orbit took the Keyhole over Newport News! I input the warehouse coordinates…" McGee(pointing to the picture on the plasma screen) That’s the rooftop! That’s me… Tony, Gibbs, Kate." Abby "Is that the building where Ari’s sniper nest was?" McGee "It is. Ari’s not there." Abby "What do you expect? A video of him shooting?" McGee "Well, I was hoping." Abby "Only in flicks, McGee." McGee "Okay, then why are you so excited?" Abby "I don’t know. Maybe it’s being alone with you on a rainy night." McGee "Abby…" Abby "Oh, look! Could it be? A black Chevy Suburban driving down the alleyway." McGee "Uh… can you read the license plate?" Abby "That depends more on angle than resolution." (McGee bends down to look at the screen from the bottom) Abby "It’s not a dress, McGee. You can’t look up it to see what you want. Ha!(she closes in on the Suburban getting closer and closer to reading the license plate) Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! (The full license plate shows up on the screen. Abby throws her hands in the air in excitement and McGee hugs her from behind and pulls her out of his chair.) Oh, McGee!" McGee "I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’ve got to put a BOLO out on the plate." Abby(bends down and hugs McGee from behind) "We did good, huh?" McGee "You did great." While walking single-file to put roses on Kate's casket Abby is behind McGee. This suggests they sat next to each other. Perhaps, they needed to be beside each other for support.
- 3.03 Mind Games McGee and Abby are in her lab IDing the victims. She is talking about the case and McGee is ignoring her. She plays around telling him she is having twins and Gibbs is the father. He keeps ignoring her. Tony walks in and Abby complains that McGee is ignoring her. Tony Gibbs-slaps McGee and tells him to stop ignoring Abby because she is sensitive. McGee looks at Abby and tells her "Sorry", Abby smiles at him. Again, McGee and Abby get into a lengthy conversation while geek-speaking. Abby tells McGee she is impressed by him and his computer skills. They discuss the difference between luck and science. During the entire conversation they are sitting facing each other with their knees touching. Abby and McGee exchange a big smile after DiNozzo and Gibbs tell McGee "Good job".
- 3.04 Silver War McGee and Abby are in her lab, McGee seems concerned that she has had more Caf-Pow than normal. Abby "That should do it." McGee "That’s what you said the last eight times." Abby "See? That shows how much attention you pay to me. It was nine, Timmy." McGee "All right." Abby "So did we do it? Did we do it? Did we do it? Did we fix the cell phone’s circuit board?" McGee "Hold on." Abby "Come on! You’re killing me, McGee!" McGee "Yes. Yes, I think that we fixed it. I think the circuits are – just how many Caff-Pows have you had today, Abby?" Abby "You know, the usual." McGee "Trust me, I think you’ve had more than the usual. Because I’m getting jumpy just looking at you." Abby "Some people drown their sorrows in drugs and alcohol. I prefer caffeine. Now hook up the cell phone board and get cracking before Gibbs decides to crack you one." McGee "You mean crack us." Abby "Gibbs would never hit a lady." McGee "Exactly. So I suggest we get started." Later on in her lab, McGee "Abby, what if these aren't number? Abby?" (McGee walks in on Abby changing and stares for a minute. Abby catches him, walks out with a coy grin)Abby "See something you like, McGee?" McGee(shyly) "No...(She glances at him a little upset. He changes his answer)I mean, yes?" Abby "Better. What were you going to tell me?" McGee "Um… what if he wasn’t trying to dial a number, but he was trying to send a text message?" Abby "McGee, sometimes I think I love you."(He then gulps and looks back at her confused). Abby gets very jealous and threatens McGee when she thinks he has a crush on Ziva. McGee "Abby, Ziva was amazing. I mean, she’s got a photographic memory! What?" Abby "Why don’t you two just get a room, McGee?" McGee "What, you think she likes me?" Abby "McGee, never forget. I am one of the few people in the world who can murder you and leave no forensic evidence."
- 3.06 The Voyeur's Web McGee says he has a girlfriend and she emailed him the video. Knowing Abby's macabre personality, she most likely sent McGee the video. McGee worries that Gibb is going to be furious for not knowing the video looks real, but doesn't give his girlfriend's name away. (McGee takes the blame to protect Abby.) Abby checks the video and says it looks real and unaltered. She then tells McGee she is sorry. Again, Abby most likely sent the video to McGee and is now apologizing for it. Abby defends McGee when Gibbs is mad because McGee didn't think the video was real. This indicates that Abby watches a lot of weird videos on the web. Abby doesn't reveal that she is McGee's girlfriend or that she sent the video. However, she defends McGee as though it was her fault. When Abby mentions she watched porn with Chip McGee gets defensive. Abby "I guess it was worth it then." McGee "Worth what?" Abby "Watching over twenty hours of porn with Chip." McGee "Who the hell is Chip?!" In the DVD trivia, it is said that Pauley was not supposed to slit her throat, she just did it spontaneously. The reaction Pauley gets from Sean and Mark is their actual reaction. So McGee's concerned reaction for Abby is really Sean's concerned reaction for Pauley.
- 3.07 Honor Code When Abby tries to get Chip to leave the lab and go home she yells "Go Home Chip!" Chip says he wants to stay, Abby yells at him again and McGee gets a protective look on his face as he swivels his chair in front of Abby and then he stares at Chip. Chip leaves and McGee asks Abby how she gets any work done with Chip around.
- 3.08 Under Covers Abby is very jealous that McGee gushes over Ziva's spy glasses.
- 3.09 Frame Up In Abby's Lab, she is sleeping with her head on a lab table. McGee tries to take away her old Caf-Pow and make her feel better about Tony being in jail. Abby "Ah! What are you doing?" McGee "I was trying to throw away your Caf-Pow." Abby "Why?" McGee "I bought you a fresh one while you were sleeping." Abby "Sleeping? I can’t sleep. I’ve got to save Tony. What time is it? Six a.m.? I lost two hours. I have been running Jane Doe’s DNA everywhere. She’s not in CODIS, the Armed Forces, the fertility clinics, rare disease databases." McGee "Abby. Abby, it’s not your fault." Abby "Not my fault!? Someone’s using forensics to frame Tony and I’m letting him get away with it." McGee "You’ll find something." Abby "How!? All the FBI left me was a speck of blood and a carpet fiber. I have to look at this from a new perspective. (She turns her head and stares at his butt.) Your butt’s getting bony." McGee "Bony? I’ll have you know that Ziva rated it a four out of five, okay?" Abby "Bone marrow. There’s a national database for bone marrow donors! (She sounds jealous) Why is Ziva rating your butt?"
- 3.10 Probie Abby hugs McGee and then cups his face in her hands when he walks into Autopsy when Ducky is talking about the kill shot. McGee asks Abby to run the dead guys prints. When Tim is distressed, Abby goes to great lengths to relieve that distress, such as setting up an aromatherapy room for him (to his disgust but she handcuffs him to the chair so he cannot escape - love ain't truer than that). McGee "Hey." Abby "How are you doing?" McGee "Okay. What’s this music?" Abby "I’m almost done here." McGee "Tox screen?" Abby "Yeah. It’s Benedict’s. Ducky said his liver showed signs of cirrhosis, but he was clean and sober last night." McGee "Is that why you called me down here?" Abby "Nope. Come with me, McGee(she links arms with him)." McGee "Where are we going?" Abby "Your therapy session." McGee (they walk into her ballistics lab) "What? What is that smell?" Abby "Aromatherapy. You’re stressed. Anxious. Thirty minutes in here, and you’ll be back to your old self. Probably even better. Now sit.(she pushes him into a chair)" McGee "I don’t believe in New Age panaceas, Abby(she takes off his shoes). What are these things?" Abby "Frankincense, lavender, and neroli oil." McGee "What the hell’s neroli oil? (He picks up the bottle and reads the label) Used for the treatment of depression, nervous tension, flatulence, and irritable bowel syndrome.” Abby "Are you denying that more than one of those apply to you?" McGee "You know what? I think I’m going to pass. (Abby handcuffs McGee to the chair) Where did you get these?" Abby "Never leave home without them." McGee "Hey Abby, I have to get back to work." Abby "And you will as soon as you clear your mind. You’ll see things from a new perspective. Just relax, enjoy, and inhale." This is in the episode where Tim kills for the first time, and it turns out he killed a metro cop and they cannot find the cop's gun. Tim has much to be despondent about, at that stage. McGee tells Abby all about Tony coming over to 'cheer him up'. Abby comes running into the squadroom declaring that Rule #8 will "Save you McGee!" Also, in the end, McGee goes to Abby for help because she is the forensic scientist, but I also suspect it was because he knows she wouldn't lie to him for any reason because that's what it means to love him. Abby "I thought you would be out celebrating." McGee "No." Abby "Did you come down for a hug?" McGee "What’d you find out?" Abby "I ran every test I could think of. The slugs are too damaged. There’s no way to tell who fired the kill shot. Does it really matter?" McGee "Yeah. It matters."
- 3.12 Boxed In Abby forces McGee to promise to call her as soon as he knows anything about Tony and Ziva.
- 3.13 Deception McGee forgot he promised to go to Habitat for Humanity, Abby gets overly upset. McGee "Play it back again. (Abby stares at him) I mean please play it back again?" Abby "Better, Timmy." McGee "You're mad at me." Abby "I have better things to do than deal with your pipe smoking fetish McGee." McGee "I told you I don't smoke it. It is purely an inspirational thing." Abby "Whatever, you want to get cancer it's not my concern." McGee "Abby. I don't smoke." Abby "The important thing here is to dissect the tape and try to find something to help find Lt. Com. Wilkerson." McGee "Of course." Abby(She stands in front of him with her hands on her hips) "You're not the only one who came to work dressed differently today." McGee "I saw Tony and Ziva." Abby "I was talking about me. Here's a hint I'm not one of the Village People!" (She turns her back on him and walks to her computer) McGee "The Habitat for Humanity was this weekend? (He rushes to her side) Abby. Abby. I'm so sorry. OK? I'm sorry. I completely forgot. (he sighs) You must hate me." Abby (Smiles) "I could never hate you McGee. (She places her hard hat on his head and in a flirty voice says) Don't let it happen again." Thus proving Abby cannot stay mad at McGee. Abby is visibly bothered by Ziva and McGee spending time alone together when he is working on a computer in her lab and Ziva wants to learn.
- 3.14 Light Sleeper While in her lab McGee "That's good work Abs!" (Abby punches McGee in the arm)McGee "Hey! What was that for?" Abby "For mocking my ground breaking police work." McGee "I was not mocking." (Abby raises her fist again) "It won't happen again." (Abby nods her head and then her and McGee share a flirty smile).
- 3.16 Family Secret McGee and Abby work together in the evidence garage to do forensics on the blown up ambulance. At the end when the team is in her lab and they are talking about the donor DNA, McGee looks disappointed that the case is closed but happy that Abby will be published again.
- 3.17 Ravenous In this episode it is Abby's birthday. We learn that Gibbs usually takes her out to dinner every year the night before her birthday but this year Gibbs forgot. During the episode McGee is in Abby's lab and he is discussing the case, while she is talking about Gibbs forgetting her birthday. Abby thinks McGee is talking about her birthday, and McGee thinks she is talking about the case. The conversation they have is: McGee "Three almost identical women. All of them end up dead in Shannon Doe National Park. Now if our missing woman fits the same profile, we could be dealing with a serial killer. One who uses park accidents to cover up abduction and murder. So what do you think?" Abby " I'm not sure yet McGee. But I think, this might be unforgivable." McGee "Well yeah. Of course it's unforgivable." Abby "What if he had a really good reason?" McGee "A good reason!?" Abby "Yeah like, he was really stressed out or overworked." McGee "What difference does that make?" Abby "Nobody's perfect." McGee "Abby there is no excuse." Abby "McGee (she hugs him) That's so sweet! I know it's just a stupid birthday. Who cares if Gibbs forgot?" McGee(looking confused) "Well, I ...Uh..I guess that I do." Abby "That's why I love you and when you get all hot and bothered like that it really turns me on." McGee (smiles) "Really?" Abby (with a flirty smile on her face) "Oh yeah." McGee hugs her back and then Gibbs enters and asks if they are done playing grab-ass or if he needs to send McGee to a weather station in the Arctic.
- 3.18 Bait McGee and Abby are in her lab talking about Kody. McGee says that Kody is obsessed with death and dying because his room is black, full of skulls and he listens to death metal. Abby takes offence and McGee clarifies that this stuff is OK if you are an adult. She retaliates that McGee kills people on-line yet he never took his class hostage. Later on in her lab she hits McGee because he wasn't paying attention to her. After figuring out they can hack into the classroom web-cams she tells McGee to hit her back because she deserves it. He refuses to hit her, even after she calls his "Elf Lord." Throughout the rest of the episode they 'hit' each other back and forth. It's kind-of like the little kids in the sandbox who keep poking each other with a stick because they like each other. He hits her and she chases him around her lab.
- 3.19 Iced McGee stops shaving and when Tony mocks him for it, McGee says "Abby seems to like it." This implies that Abby's opinion is very important to him and that she and McGee discuss his appearance. Abby and McGee discuss the difference between Army and Navy rank. Abby gets McGee to call her "Sir". He is always so eager to 'play' along with her. Abby gets jealous when McGee defends Ziva.
- 3.20 Untouchable Abby recruits McGee for her 'suicide' re-enactment. McGee falls asleep in Abby's lab after working all night to find an SD card with Gibbs and the rest of the team.
- 3.21 Bloodbath McGee only goes downstairs to Abby's lab in an attempt to catch her in her court outfit and heels. Abby "Sigmund Freud, eat your heart out. McGee, no lurking without a permit." McGee(comes around the corner of the door where he was hiding) "Sorry, just checking to see if you finished the analysis on that powder yet. Field test said it was cocaine, but…" Abby "I told you I was going to email you the results when I was done." McGee "Yes. Don’t you have court today?" Abby "I’m finished. All I had to do was give a deposition." McGee "Oh. So you don’t have to go back or anything?" Abby "McGee! You came all the way down here to see me in my court suit!" McGee "No." Abby "You totally did!" McGee "No, I did not." Abby "Your mouth lies, but your red ears are telling the truth." McGee(concerned) "What? What’s wrong?" Abby "Do you smell that?" McGee "No." Abby "It’s almonds. We have to get out of here!" (Abby pulls McGee to the floor.) McGee "What’s going on?" Abby "Cyanide gas!" (McGee stands up and pulls Abby out of the lab, to the safety of the hallway) We know Tim is possessive of Abby because he acts jealous whenever he hears of other boyfriends. Even Gibbs pushed Abby to stay with McGee because he knows McGee will do anything to keep Abby safe. In McGee's apartment that night, Abby is in a tank top, panties, and one of McGee's dress shirts. McGee is wearing his MIT shirt and sweatpants. We know that Abby is possessive because she gets on her high horse when she finds that the toothbrush Tim said she left in his bathroom is not her toothbrush. Abby "Nothing like a nice relaxing video game to calm the nerves. Pretty good, huh?" McGee "I’ve seen better. Did you change the refresh rate?" Abby "I downloaded new OpenGL drivers for you. You’re getting a way higher FPS now." McGee "But I was in the bedroom like a minute." Abby "I also optimized your TCP-IP settings. Increased your throughput by fifty percent." McGee(turns off the computer monitor) "Bedtime. I am going to take the sleeping bag." Abby (Starts playing with McGee's typewriter) "We’re adults, McGee. We can share the same bed." McGee (Gently pushes her away from the typewriter and covers it with a dust cloth.) "If you promise to keep your hands to yourself." Abby (rummaging through her back pack.) "Clearly you haven’t been. Your shirt smells like J Lo Glow. Oh, I can’t find my toothbrush! I think it fell out in your car." McGee "That’s all right. Your old toothbrush is still in my bathroom." Abby "You kept my old toothbrush? That’s a little creepy, McGee. Maybe you should take the sleeping bag." (She walks into the bathroom.) McGee "What is creepy about it? I just never bothered to throw it out. What?" Abby (comes out with the ladybug toothbrush and leans against his bedroom door frame.) "This is not my toothbrush." McGee "Well, then I must have bought a second one and forgot about it." Abby (looks at the toothbrush and back to McGee.) "It’s a ladybug toothbrush, McGee. That’s for a cute girl named Gina Marie that bake cookies and wear J Lo Glow. Not for a quasi-manly Federal agent who carries a gun." McGee "Do you want to use it or not?" Abby "An anonymous toothbrush? I would rather remove my own tonsils with Typhoid Mary’s straight razor." (she walks towards the door.) McGee "Where are you going?" Abby "To get my toothbrush." McGee "No no no. You’re not leaving the apartment." Abby "Why not, McGee? We both know Gibbs is just being over-protective." McGee "I’m not worried about you. I’m worried about me, and if Gibbs finds out I let you leave." Abby "That’s a really good point. You go." McGee "I am not leaving you alone either." Abby (she struts up in front of McGee and smiles devilishly.) "Fine, then. I’ll just use your toothbrush." McGee (throws on his coat and sighs.) "Don’t open the door for anyone." (McGee leaves and Abby turns the computer back on to play. A minute later there is a knock at the door. She gets up and opens the door without checking who it is. It's McGee and he looks annoyed.) Abby "What?!" McGee "I told you not to open the door for anyone!" Abby "What’d you forget?" McGee (picks up his keys off the counter.) "My keys." Abby "Why do you need keys if I’m here?" McGee "My car keys. Now listen to me. You do not open the door, okay? Not for anyone.(He walks into the hallway and turns to point at Abby.) Or I will tie you up." Abby (salutes McGee and smiles coyly.) "Really?" McGee knew that Abby was hiding from the bad guys, in the elevator, when no one else on the team did. When Abby is at Gibbs' house for the night she is in sweatpants and a large t-shirt, at Tim's apartment she is in panties, tank top and one of Tim's shirts. Therefore implying there is a slight sexual relationship still with Tim(possibly friends with benefits?) and a father/daughter relationship with Gibbs.
- 3.22 Jeopardy Abby is excited about loosing her crime scene virginity. McGee puts his NCIS cap on her head while she snaps pictures. While in her lab Abby and McGee discuss footwear. She says that there is no excuse for poor footwear, he responds that she wears platforms.
- 3.23 Hiatus (part 1) McGee is the one that called Abby to tell her about Gibbs being in the bomb blast. McGee comes down to Abby's lab to check on her. McGee "Abby?" Abby "I’m in here." McGee "What are you doing?" Abby "I’m worrying." McGee "Me, too. You guys can just set that right there on the floor.(two other agents leave evidence on the floor of Abby's lab.) Thanks." Abby (hugs Bert and the other king Abby farted.) "What’s the matter? Never heard a girl fart before?" McGee (To the agents as they leave the lab.) "Guys, that was the hippo." Abby "Are you sure, McGee?" McGee "Yeah, because you sound more… feminine." Abby "Like a hippo cow? (she takes the camera from him and inserts the memory stick into her computer) What aren’t you telling me?" McGee "What do you mean?" Abby "You have that three little pigs look." McGee "What?" Abby "The three little pigs. They were afraid to open the door because the big fat wolf was outside." McGee 'I have no idea what you’re talking about." Abby "Whoa. This is definitely going on my wall." (Ziva enters the lab) Ziva "I should be a professional photographer." Abby "The Director hasn’t called." Ziva "About?" Abby "About? (She gets irritated) Gibbs?" Ziva "Oh!" Abby "She didn’t call you, did she?" Ziva "No." Abby " ‘Cause you know the way you’re acting, you might have just, I don’t know, forgotten to tell us!" McGee(trying to diffuse the situation) "Ziva, do you notice anything different in here?" Ziva "No music." McGee "That’s it. No music. You know, you usually play music in here." Abby "What if those were Gibbs’ guts smooshed all over that room." Ziva "Oh, for God’s sake, Abby. They’re not." Abby "I said, what if they were!?" Ziva "The color would be more coffee brown than red."(Abby slaps Ziva and Ziva slaps her back. McGee looks on shocked.) Later McGee tells Tony about the slap-fest and Tony calls a meeting and orders McGee to get Abby. Perhaps because he knows McGee can 'handle' an upset Abby. During this episode when Tony is barking orders and 'playing Gibbs' McGee looks defensive of Abby.
- 3.24 Hiatus (part 2) At the beginning of the episode, Abby is standing next to McGee near his desk. The director tells the team Gibbs is awake, Abby gets excited and hugs McGee. He smiles big and hugs her back. The director then tells the team about his memory loss and Abby can't deal with the knowledge of Gibbs loosing the last 15years. She then asks the director if she may go to the restroom. The director tells everyone that that is the point to go to the restroom. McGee places his hand against her back as they walk away from everyone to the restroom. Abby doesn't want McGee to know what she was like 15 years ago (probably embarrassing), same with McGee. Abby "Can you imagine how scary that would be to lose the last fifteen years of your life?" McGee "Oh, my God." Abby "What?" McGee "I’d still be in high school." Abby "Oh, yuck! Zits. Braces. Raging hormones." McGee "Yeah. I used to walk around all day with my notebook in front of my…." Abby "In front of your what, McGee?" McGee "The laundry room is off. It should actually be three point nine six two meters wide. Not two six." Abby "Better?" McGee "Yeah. It’s got to be accurate." Abby "Absolutely. So was it one of those tiny spiral notebooks or one of those big three ring binder things, Timmy?" McGee "And where were you fifteen years ago, Abby?" Abby "So where did you find Gibbs?" McGee "Afraid I’m going to find out (She slaps him in the chest. He just smiles back at her.) What was that for?" Abby "Distracting me." McGee "I was not distracting you." Abby "Gibbs." McGee "Between the dryer and the bulkhead. A little closer to the bulkhead. The autopsy report indicates that Galib was sitting on the bomb." Abby "Which consisted of one hundred and thirteen grams of Semtex." McGee "Wow! You can compute the amount of Semtex used that accurately?" Abby "I am a scientist, McGee. I can compute anything accurately, including the size of the notebook required to…" McGee "Stop! Can you detonate the bomb, please?" (McGee falls off his chair when the simulation explodes.) Abby "Sorry. I forgot to tell you I added sound." McGee "Yeah. Uh… can we try that again without sound?" Abby "Yeah, it was a little loud, huh?" McGee "Yeah. And let’s go frame-by-frame so we can see what happened." Abby "Of course. In the first microsecond, less than the time it takes for you to blink your eye, the bottom of the barrel and Galib’s lower body are atomized. The oil drum is disintegrating, but retains enough integrity to blow what remains of Galib into the overhead. In the following microseconds, the oil drum disintegrates. Galib is impacted into the overhead and Gibbs… is..." McGee and Abby together "Dead." During this episode when Tony is barking orders and 'playing Gibbs' McGee looks defensive of Abby. After Gibbs remembers McGee is on the phone with Abby reassuring her that Gibbs does remember her. When Gibbs leaves MTAC, after the ship blows up, Abby is sitting on McGee's desk.
| Season 4|
- 4.01 Shalom As Abby's sugar high increases while waiting for Tony to arrive, she comments for McGee to relax because she is eating the sugar for 2. McGee's face shows fear as he attempts to figure out what she is talking about. She tells him to relax and then explains. Abby(Eating donuts and drinking Caf-Pow) "Is he here yet? Is he here yet?" McGee "Abby, do you think I’d be playing this game if he was?" Abby "Ah…" McGee "I will call you as soon as he gets here, okay? I promise." Abby "But what if his flight was delayed? Or worse? What if he missed his connecting flight?" McGee "Well, then he will be here tomorrow." Abby "Not good enough, McGee!(she sits on his desk) A team needs a leader. He’s our glue. He’s our spine. Without him we’re like…. Phylum cnidaria." McGee(thinking) "Jelly fish." Abby "Exactly!" McGee "Are you saying I’m spineless?" Abby "Of course not, Timmy. I’m going to check his flight." (Abby puts her foot on his chair, right between his legs and kicks him out of the way) McGee "Abby, you’re getting powder all over my keyboard." (He tries to push her hands away from the keyboard. She slaps his hand away and he doesn't even flinch.) Abby "What’s your point?" McGee "My point is, Abby, you are really, really overdoing the sugar thing again." Abby "Well, I’m eating for two. (McGee looks nervous and worried. He leans towards her and puts his hand on her arm) Relax. I was referring to the health food freak over there. Every time I go past her desk, I have this irresistible urge to shove a cheeseburger down her throat." McGee "I think she’s kind of hot." Abby(sounding jealous) "Oh, you think she’s hot?" McGee "Yeah, you know, for a probie." McGee teases Abby about bowling with nuns. Also when in Abby's lab McGee is talking about lying on the BOLO, Abby comments that he is making her really turned on. McGee "Instead of putting out a BOLO for Mossad spy wanted for murder, we put out a BOLO for a wife-beater." Tony "That’s underhanded, devious…" Abby "And it’s completely getting me hot." (McGee smiles at Abby after she says this.)
- 4.02 Escaped McGee stays at NCIS to help Abby go through Paulson's belongings. Later on in the episode, McGee and Abby are the ones that track the call that Gary made to Nash.
- 4.03 Singled Out McGee and Abby fall asleep in Abby's lab after a long night of trying to hack into someones computer.
- 4.06 Witch Hunt When Abby is dressed as Marilyn Monroe for Halloween, Tim cannot (but truly cannot) stop staring. He is fascinated to complete distraction. He's speechless. Palmer and Tony enjoy the view but Tim is blown away. He even snaps a picture on his camera. When discussing Zombies with Tony, McGee keeps agreeing with Abby. When they find something to help the case Tony says "Good work Abs, you did it again." McGee "You mean Abby and I did it again." Abby(slaps him) "That ended the moment you started sexing up the cheerleader."
- 4.07 Sandblast McGee gets poison ivy (again) on 'his boys', Abby makes him a paste to help with the itching (the paste is made out of baking soda and white vinegar) When she hands him the petri dish of paste she says in a flirty voice "Go ahead, rub it in. I'll wait." She smiles, McGee turns around unzips his pants and spreads the paste on. This shows McGee isn't embarrassed to tell Abby about 'personal' problems, and he isn't shy about dropping his pants in front of her.
- 4.10 Smoked Abby states that McGee described everything in her room in his book. He says not everything and smiles. "Fantasize later McGee." McGee finds the card from Marty (the mini man) and openly expresses jealousy.
- 4.11 Driven While Abby will hug Tony in excitement or grief, she cuddles Tim just for the ordinary pleasure of the contact. She has sixth sense about when Tim is looking at her bum. Tim is bereft when he nearly lets Abby be gassed (with Otto the robot car running amok with exhaust fumes). When Abby is talking to Gibbs after he pulls her out of the car Tim is standing next to her with his hand on her back for most of the scene. McGee "I did it Abby. I know how they got in." Abby "How'd you know I was here?" McGee "I didn't. Abby I'm sorry for..." Abby "I know." (Abby leans down and hugs him from behind) McGee "I thought you had to ask permission first." Abby "Never with you, Tim." He squeezes her arm closer to his chest. They were both comforted through being close, he fears a lot for her life.
- 4.13 Sharif Returns Tim likes working with Abby on the computers, and vice versa. They compete but they also hug and share and co-operate. They work alike and, in some perspectives, think alike. Abby respects Tim's skills. When they start talking geek-speak to Lt Col Mann, she asks Gibbs how long they can go on like this, completing each others sentences and utterly fascinated with their computer work. Gibbs replies "Until we stop them", showing that he knows how well they click and that they can operate on a level together that no one else in the team can touch.
- 4.14 Blowback In the beginning of this episode Abby and McGee are in Abby's lab trying to hack into someones email. Abby Gibbs-slaps McGee (all he does is look at her confused) and then Abby apologetically rubs his head where she slapped him. After they find ARES Abby hugs McGee and McGee has an ear-to-ear grin on his face.
- 4.16 Dead Man Walking Abby doesn't even blush seeing McGee naked. We also learn that McGee cannot get mad at Abby. In this episode she cuts a patch out of his $2000 Armani jacket (to check for radiation) and he just sighs and rolls his eyes. In this episode commentary Sean Murray and Cote De Pablo talk about McGee and Abby's relationship. Specifically if they have ever had sex and the status of their relationship. They also talk a lot about McGee's Armani jacket and how McGee didn't get mad at Abby for ruining it. Sean Murray says "McGee loves Abby. He'd let her get away with anything."
- 4.17 Skeletons In the first scene Abby demands a dollar from McGee. He asks what is wrong with her dollar. She says the machine won't take it and she wants a candy bar. The candy bar she got by mistake has nougat in it. McGee says "but you don't like nougat." She yells that it was a mistake and again demands a dollar. He doesn't have one because all he has in his wallet are big bills . Abby eventually gets a dollar from Tony. McGee seems to be the only one concerned with the way she acts when demanding the dollar. McGee sits in the bullpen ignoring Tony talking about the case because he is worried about Abby acting "Un-Abby". When Tony tells him Abby is acting "un-Abby'' because it is probably something McGee did, McGee becomes worried about what he did because he doesn't know what he did. While Tony, Ziva and McGee are at the suspects house, they are talking about Abby. Ziva says Abby was having a problem with her shoes and she was crying. McGee says Abby could not possibly be crying about shoes. Later in the episode, McGee tries to warn Gibbs, before he goes to see Abby w/ Col. Mann, because Abby going 'through something' and McGee doesn't know what it is. McGee is very concerned about Abby during this whole episode.
- 4.18 Ice Man McGee is in Abby's lab helping her look through a cell phone. She teases him that maybe he should call all his past girlfriends to make sure they didn't have a kid and not tell McGee. He says that won't take long and they share a small smile and a laugh.
- 4.19 Grace Period When McGee is feeling down about two NCIS agents who died (one of whom McGee was good friends with) he sulks in Abby's lab. He says that the two dead agents should be them (meaning Gibbs team) and Abby jumps to comfort McGee. (Abby is checking the voice from the phone call to see if she can match it. There is no music playing in her lab. She hears a noise and turns around slowly and sees McGee sitting on the floor.) Abby "McGee? Is that you?(she tuns around to see McGee slumped down on the floor.) How long have you been sitting there" McGee "Not long." Abby(walks over to him) "I'm really sorry about Jim Nelson. I know you guys were really close." McGee "I wouldn't have graduated from FLETC without his help." Abby(She smiles a little) "Then we would have never met." McGee "Maybe he'd still be alive. We were supposed to take the weekend shift. Those bodies downstairs should be us." Abby(She looks shocked) "Timothy. Don't even think things like that OK? (She bends down to give him a hug.) Everything happens for a reason." (Gibbs walks in with Agent Cassidy and stares at them and Abby explains she was just giving McGee a squg or squatting hug.) Later in Abby's lab it is McGee and Abby that figure out how to trace the phone call. Also Abby makes it a point to tell McGee "Be safe." when he leaves with the rest of the team. Towards the end when Gibbs, Tony, and Ziva are with Cassidy at the memorial Abby calls McGee down to her lab.to help her hand trace a fingerprint. When she starts freaking out about it McGee calms her down. McGee(walking in Abby's lab) "Abs, you wanted to see me?" Abby "I really need your help with this, McGee." McGee "Gibbs has me running down the names of over three hundred people attending a conference in.." Abby(interrupting him) "Now, McGee! Okay, we know that whoever was helping Umar was using that computer to recreate Yazeed’s voice." McGee "I know. I’m the one who found the program." Abby "So his fingerprints could be on this keyboard. But the problem is, so are everybody else’s. Whoever typed on this thing… and they’re all… they’re all mashed on top of each other. Look!" McGee(walks over to stand next to her) "So you’re hand tracing them?" Abby "I’m isolating the “J” and the “F” key because that’s where you would park your fingers when you’re waiting to type." McGee "Okay, what do you need me to do?" Abby(starting to freak out) "I just… I need you to look at this. I need you to check my work because I’m getting dizzy from starring at it for so long." McGee(in a calming voice) "Okay."
- 4.20 Cover Story We know that Tim knows more of what Abby is doing than anyone else: he knows when the plumbing is bad at her house and describes every detail of Abby's bedroom in his book. When McGee writes his book, he makes Abby's character the love interest for the Tim character. McGee doesn't fictionalize anything in his books: he just writes up what he sees as reality and changes the names a bit. That Tim sees Amy/Abby as the love interest is indicative of Tim's own state of mind. When challenged to invent an ending for his draft sequel, to stop a deranged fan from hurting Abby, he decides that the ending is that the Tim character realizes that he loves Amy (Abby) and cannot live without her. This pleases the deranged fan. It does not please Abby. (Gibbs and the team bust in on Landon pointing a gun at Abby.) McGee "Landon? Landon, what are you doing?" Landon "I’m protecting you." Abby(scared) "McGee, who is this guy?" McGee(coming closer) "He’s a friend." Landon "Don’t! I have to do this!!" McGee "Landon, she’s not going to hurt me. It’s just a book. It’s not..." Gibbs(interrupting) "Finished yet. Tell him the ending, Agent McGregor. Tell him what happens." McGee(holstering his weapon) "It’s not what you think, Landon. Amy and I (McGee looks at Abby who has her eyes glued to him)… Amy and I get married." Landon(looks confused) "You… you marry her?" McGee "Yeah, I do. That means that if you kill her, you’re killing the only woman I ever loved. Landon, I really do love her! It just took me a while to figure it out." (Landon drops his weapon and the whole team rushes in) Landon "I was only trying to help." Gibbs "You killed two people." Landon(getting cuffed by DiNozzo and Ziva) "I had no choice. They set a wedding date yet?" DiNozzo "Guest list is full, buddy." Gibbs(hugs Abby) "Are you okay, Abs?" Abby "With the amount of bad guys after me, I feel like I’m dating Spider-man." McGee "Abby, I am so sorry." Abby "We need to talk." (Gibbs leaves the room, so it's just Abby and McGee) McGee "I know this is all my fault." Abby "Agent McGregor cannot marry Amy in the end. McGee, they’re all wrong for each other." (The episode pfoofs out on McGee looking hurt and confused.) McGee is the only one who listened to her story about her apartment flooding and he knew who was on the bowling team with her when no one else did.
- 4.21 Brothers In Arms There is a quickie scene where Abby's computer self-destructs and it sets her lab on fire. McGee is the one that puts the fire out and Abby is standing behind him with an arm on his shoulder. You can tell McGee was protecting Abby from the fire.
- 4.22 In the Dark It is overly emphasized that McGee and Abby have an addiction to the same drink.
- 4.23 Trojan Horse McGee is very interested in the tale of Abby's first time. McGee goes up to Abby's lab to calm her down about Vincetti's lawyers questioning her ballistics work. (Abby is in her lab pacing) Abby "They are questioning the validity of my ballistics!" McGee(looking very concerned) "Vincetti's lawyers are desperate. They're desperate. They're like drowning men grasping..." Abby "At polystyrene tubes." McGee "I was gonna say straws but I like that even better." Abby "Well that's because it's more accurate. I mean, does the saying "grasping at straws" tell you if they are made out of paper, or glass, or metal, or polystyrene? No! I pride myself on the accuracy of my forensics and lawyers, LAWYERS, are question it?!" McGee(he looks like he is practically begging her to calm down) "Abby they don't know you like we know you. OK? They are hoping you made a mistake but when their ballistics experts don't find any that will make your forensics all the more damning in court. (he walks around the lab table closer to Abby) So please don't let desperate lawyers grasping at thing polystyrene tubes upset you. Please." Abby(she hugs McGee) "Mmm...I love you, McGee.(McGee looks confused and surprised. Abby breaks the hug.) Not like love you, love you. Not that I don't love you, because I do! Kind-of. (McGee still looks confused.) You know, like the way I love puppies." McGee(looks hurt) "I could have done without that comparison." Abby "But I love puppies." Later in the episode Abby tells McGee she quadruple checked everything and he assures her she did not make a mistake.
- 4.24 Angel Of Death Abby gets McGee to take his shirt off in her lab in order to prep him for the polygraph test he must take in order to maintain his special agent status. She hooks him up to her homemade lie detector and demands to know his name (to ensure the lie detector is working). He tells her to stop acting like a Nazi and scratch his nose. She scratches his nose and then starts to question him again. During this episode Abby is the only one that knows that McGee is worried about his polygraph test because he panics when he takes a test. Panicking on a polygraph test can give false answers. Throughout the episode Abby tries to figure out ways for McGee to get out of taking the polygraph test. While in the bar Abby sits next to McGee. As a comforting measure she periodically rubs his shoulder, arm and back when he gets tense talking to Ziva, Ducky, Palmer and Lee about the polygraph test.
| Season 5|
- 5.02 Family McGee asks Abby to use one of her computers but does anyway without waiting for her to answer. When he notices her drinking extra Caf-Pows he says he thought she quit. She says she needs to be at the top of her game because there is a missing baby. He comments that she is going to spend the day in the bathroom and she explains that she is upping her salt intake to retain water. He says 'of course you are.' Then smiles at her.
- 5.03 Ex-File McGee is VERY jealous when Abby is working with Rinnert (a tech guy from the Army base). He continually tries to one up Rinnert. When Abby finds out she has to work with Rinnert she practically begs McGee to make Rinnert go away. When McGee says he can't Abby asks him again and gives him a pouty look. He tells her to pretend that Rinnert isn't there she tries but it doesn't work. Later on in the episode McGee tries to get Gibbs to let him work with Abby and Rinnert. Gibbs says no. McGee confides in Lt. Col. Mann about not liking Rinnert. He tells Lt. Col. Mann that guys like Rinnert are a dime a dozen at MIT and that Rinnert puts on a false front. Lt. Col. Mann assures him that women see right through the false front. Therefore assuring him that Abby is still his. When McGee has a good idea Abby hugs Rinnert instead of McGee, McGee is visibly very jealous. McGee brings her a Caf-Pow but finds that Rinnert and Abby both already have one. Abby leaves her lab to get the laptop out of evidence lock up and McGee and Rinnet have a Caf-Pow showdown. Abby punches Rinnert after finding out he wiped the laptop clean while she was out of the lab and he is the suspect. McGee looks very pleased and says "Sweet!" after he watches Abby punch Rinnert.
- 5.04 Identity Crisis Abby thinks McGee should get a Dachsund and name him Mercury.
- 5.05 Leap Of Faith Abby tells McGee to see a hypnotherapist to get over his fear of heights. Throughout the whole episode McGee is worried about Abby leaving NCIS. DiNozzo spread a rumor stating she got a better job offer and she it taking it(Abby does not take the job offer. She never intended to she just wanted dinner at the Ritz.) Gibbs sends Abby black roses for solving the case. DiNozzo says he should have gotten the roses because he solved the case. McGee defends Abby, Abby looks at McGee then at Tony and says "He still loves me" it is unclear if she it talking about Gibbs(because he gave her the roses) or McGee(because he is defending her and she looked at him right before making her comment)
- 5.06 Chimera McGee is the only one who Abby forces or threatens into going to the Brain Matter concert. She passes tickets out to Ziva, and Tony then walks over to McGee. Ziva says she has paperwork and can’t go, Tony says he has an important ‘thing’. Then McGee tries to get out of it. McGee “And, ah, I, I've got...” Abby(Shoves her spiky bracelet in front of McGee) “Some people wear these spiky things just for show. I don't.” McGee “I've got nothing better to do than, than, to see…” Gibbs(walks into the bullpen and tosses McGee a bottle of motion sickness meds) “A dead body McGee?” McGee ”You read my mind boss.” McGee is the only one that looks somewhat disappointed that he can’t go out with Abby. McGee (Stands next to Abby and looks disappointed) “Take a brain check? (he hands the ticket back to her) Sorry” When Tony hand McGee the I-Pod that is playing Brain Matter he teases him about the song that is playing. McGee gets irritated with him and says “I feel bad enough already.” It implies that he knows that Abby is sad about having to miss her friends concert and he feels bad for having to bail on her. Abby and McGee chat via web com. McGee “Abby. Abby. Abby!” Abby(turns to face the com-link) “McGee, you shouldn’t sneak up on people like that.” McGee “What the hell is that noise?” Abby(turns off her music. She smiles flirtatiously.) ”Brain Matter.” McGee(you can tell he is lying to make Abby happy) “I love them.” Abby(by her expression you can tell that she knows he is lying for her) “You guys okay?” McGee “Oh yeah, yeah, we're peachy. I am dealing with my boat phobia, Tony is dealing with his rat phobia, and Ziva is dealing with her ghost phobia.”
- 5.07 Requiem Abby is taking pictures of everyone with her new Razor phone. When she takes McGee's picture she tells him that he looks "Cute"
- 5.08 Designated Target Abby figures out that it is 365 steps from her lab to McGee's desk. It is Abby that Tim confides in when his new girlfriend turns out to be a psycho kleptomaniac. Abby gives him sage advice ("Throw her psycho ass in the brig") and reaffirms that she cares ("I love you McGee. That should be enough."). Abby "McGee." McGee "Yeah." Abby "Did you know it is 365 steps from my lab to your desk? I'm trying to get my blood pumping. What's wrong with you?" McGee "Nothing" Abby "OK this is a new caffeine-free non-jittery Abby. Still waters, deep. You're hiding something and I seek it. Speak." McGee "I've been seeing this girl." Abby(jealous) "Oh. That's...nice." McGee "No actually it's not nice. She uh..stole my mail and took out $65,000 in pre-approved credit cards in my name." Abby "Wow you have really good credit." McGee "Like a score of 750. Was." Abby "So this is like the best worst love story ever?" McGee "Abby, what do I do? It's like I'm nuts for this girl, and she's just... nuts." Abby "She stole your heart but she stole your money. Arrest her." McGee "That's the thing that's what she wants. She admitted everything to me." (He takes out a paper from his desk drawer and hands it to Abby) Abby "That is a check for $65,000." McGee "Yeah, her father is Ernest Lenord. He's worth billions. She does this for fun. She's been arrested twice, she steals people's money, she buys things." Abby "The crazy ones are the best?" McGee "See the weird thing is...I kinda dig it." Abby "Ok. Love is never having to read her her Miranda rights, but she's going to do this to someone else. Throw her psycho ass in the brig. I love you McGee, that should be enough."
- 5.09 Lost And Found In the beginning of this episode Abby is giving McGee's scout troop a tour of her lab. McGee walks into her lab in the nick of time because Carson (one of the boys) kept bugging her about her tattoos. McGee calms Abby down when she gets worried about Gibbs keeping Carson waiting. McGee and Abby talk to Carson about moms and how moms always love their kids no matter what. Maybe a preview of what McGee and Abby would be like as parents. Later on in Abby's lab she is getting frustrated looking through the evidence on a cold case. McGee and Abby banter about who gets more annoyed and complains more when they have to clean up after another person. McGee "You ever share your personal computer with someone?" Abby "Ugh! No, McGee that's worse than sharing your toothbrush. Why?" McGee "I found a user account for LT. Taylor on Brian Taylor's hard drive." Abby "At least you found something. I have been looking for the same hair sample for like, 20 minutes. You know what my biggest pet peeve is McGee?" McGee "People who say they are vegetarians but eat chicken." Abby "OK yes, but what is my second biggest pet peeve?" McGee "Mishandled evidence." Abby "Yes again! I mean there is absolutely..." McGee(interrupting Abby) "No excuse for it." Abby "Exactly! And nine years ago Metro's so-called forensic scientist, Carolyn Watson, she just goes through the motions. Assuming that some day some one like me..." McGee (interrupting again.) "Will clean up her mess." Abby "It's so...Why do I feel like we've had this conversation before?" McGee "Because we have. (He looks over his shoulder and smiles at her) Just about every time you get assigned a cold case." Abby "I am not the only one that complains around here McGee. (she walks over to him.) You should see yourself when filtering through a perps computer. (she does a McGee impression) Who formatted this thing, and these clusters inside physical sectors (McGee laughs) and then your face does this whole weird annoyed slash confused deal like...That's it! You're doing it right now!" She calls Gibbs and McGee into the hall. When Gibbs asks him if she is OK (Because she is whispering.) she says she is 'with child' McGee gives her a confused look. She clarifies that she meant she is watching Carson.
- 5.10 Corporal Punishment Abby is VERY worried about McGee when she hears that he is hurt. When he comes back to NCIS, we see that she has her arms draped around his shoulders. She keeps his head on his 'good' shoulder while they are talking. When he tells her that he really needs his arm to type she whines because she doesn't want to let him go. He looks at her and smiles and asks her if she has anything to do, she says no, not unless McGee can find her some files to go through. Later on in the episode Abby and McGee are in her lab discussing the difference between Sci and Fi. She seems very happy that McGee is in her lab with her.
- 5.12 Stakeout McGee shows Abby his model, they fool around in evidence garage. Abby "Hey McGee!" McGee "Hey." Abby "What are you doing?" McGee "It's a model." Abby "That is really cool." McGee "Demonstration for Gibbs. You know how hard it is to explain technical stuff to him." Abby "Yeah, good thinking. It's like every time I try and explain something sciencey to him. His eyes glaze over and gives me that will you shut up and get to the point look. (she gasps) He's behind me isn't he?" McGee "Nope. (he gets excited) Want to see a dress rehearsal?" Abby (she gets excited too.) "Can I be Gibbs?" McGee "Yes!" (He talks about the model for a few minutes) Abby "McGee this is so great! Even Gibbs can understand this." They smile at each other.
- 5.13 Dog Tags When McGee pulls into evidence garage Abby is very concerned about his bite wound on his neck. She even checks the dressing to make sure he is OK. When she opens the back door of the sedan to see the dog McGee gets concerned and tells her to be careful because it is a vicious dog. McGee is the one that calls Abby to find out where she took the dog. He sounds concerned when he asks her where she is. Tim tries to get Abby to let the petty officer take Jethro (the dog) but Abby won't let him. He keeps giving her pleading looks but you can tell he knows there is nothing he can say or do that will make her give up the dog. She takes up a collection for Jethro, and forces Tim to donate even though the dog almost killed him. Abby is able to guilt trip and sweet-talk Tim into adopting Jethro the dog. The look on Tim's face says he knows he is being manipulated; but is helpless to prevent it. Abby has him wrapped around her finger. (McGee walks into Abby's lab.) McGee "Hey. Abs." Abby "Hey." McGee(concerned) "What's wrong?" Abby "Gibbs asked the base commander if I could keep Jethro." McGee "He said 'no'?" Abby "He said 'yes'." McGee "Then why are you..." Abby "My landlord said 'no'." McGee "Oh, that's too bad." Abby "I have to find Jethro a good home. He's a distinguished veteran. (she gets up and puts her hands on Tim's shoulders.) He deserves to be happy McGee." McGee(pleading) "Abby, no. No. No!" Abby "You have been looking for a dog Timmy." McGee "That dog tasted my blood and I think he liked it." Abby "OK. Sometimes, you have to look at the reality in front of you and just accept it (McGee shakes his head 'no') You are taking Jethro. Accept it. (They walk over to the dog) McGee, Jethro, shake. Jethro you're gonna have to be the bigger man." The dog and Tim shake hand/paw. The episode phoofs out on McGee looking at Abby with a wrapped-around-her-finger-look on his face.
- 5.14 Internal Affairs McGee tries to get Abby to relax when the team is being held in the evidence garage by the FBI. While in the evidence garage McGee and Abby are sitting next to each other.
- 5.15 In The Zone McGee and Abby talk in her lab about what agent from the team is going to go to Iraq. Abby gets worried about the possibility of Tim dying in Baghdad. He assures he he won't die in Baghdad but that doesn't make her feel any better. McGee "They're gonna send one of us to Iraq." Abby "Why would you want to go to Baghdad? Your gonna get bombed and shot at." McGee "Everyone has gone to Iraq." Abby (she shrugs her shoulders) "I've never been." McGee "By everyone I mean Tony and Ziva and Gibbs. Gibbs must have gone to Iraq dozens of time. I just want to go once." Abby (concerned) "To earn your stripes." McGee "Yeah! To prove myself!" Abby (very concerned) "To die!?" McGee "I'm not going to die in Baghdad. (he sighs) The thing is though, before I go they have to choose me." Abby "So why don't you just go talk to the Director...uh..Acting Director." McGee "Assistant Director." Abby "Yeah, Leon." McGee "I can't. Tony says if I really want to go then I shouldn't volunteer, but if he says I shouldn't volunteer then he thinks I will volunteer, which means if I really want to go I shouldn't volunteer." Abby "That's....good Timmy. It sounds like you are doing exactly what you shouldn't" This shows that Abby is more concerned about Tim's safety than anyone else on the team. When talking to Tony and Nikki through the web cam McGee's hand is on Abby's back. He is standing next to her.
- 5.16 Recoil McGee and Abby work together in her lab to clear up a photo at night in the rain. They figure out that there is a sixth victim. Abby “I’ve resampled the image as many times as I can McGee.” McGee “Try removing compression artifacts.” Abby “It’s too pixelated.” McGee “Did you try detecting edges? (Abby stares him down) I'm detecting an edge.” Abby “No I’m good McGee but I can’t work miracles this is imposable I’ve told you once I’ve told you a thousand times…” McGee(Interrupting her) “…there is no substitute for quality source imagery (He nods) I know.” (He turns to leave) Abby “Where are you going?!” McGee “I’m going back to work.” Abby “What you think I’m going to give you that easily that I’m a quitter? YOU of all people should know that I thrive in the face of adversity.” (The computer beeps McGee looks over her shoulder) McGee “You’re making a case for adversity.” Abby “I found each of the victim’s blood on the murder weapon.” McGee “Hoffman didn’t clean the knife after each murder?” Abby(Looks at McGee) “Oh no he did. Meticulously. I found trace evidence where the blade goes into the handle. (McGee nods showing he is listening) OK look, four of the victims have blood type O+ the fifth victim has blood type A+.” McGee “That’s not that strange most killers don’t choose their victim by blood type.” Abby “No, no that’s not what’s strange; I also found traces of blood type B+.” McGee “Then it must be Hoffman’s blood.” Abby “No he’s O- not a math. There’s a sixth victim, McGee.” McGee “Whose body hasn’t been found yet.” Tim and Abby are in the evidence garage when the detective rolls in w/ the case files. They are looking through Hoffman’s car. Looking through the evidence in her lab he complains that he is going to be there forever. McGee “Four boxes, four bags evidence, four bags of personal effects... I am going to be here forever.” Abby(Rolls over to him.) This one (She gives him a Caf-Pow) has your name all over it.” McGee “Thank you. Found an address book (He walks around the table, opens it up and all the pages fall out) That’s great.” Abby “So far all the prints form the car, they match Hoffman there is just no sign of an accomplice.” McGee(Picking up pages) “What about the video still?” Abby “I have tried everything. (Exasperated sigh) I can’t get an ID.” McGee(Stunned) “You’re admitting defeat?” Abby(Spins around and points) “NO! (She gets an idea) I have a new tactical plan. (She rolls back to the computer) By triangulating the heights of the landmarks like the streetlights and cars and stuff I think I can figure out and approximate height and weight of Hoffman’s alleged accomplice.” McGee(Still thumbing through the address book) “That’s great there’s a page missing.(Abby rolls over) It’s torn out that’s why the pages fell someone tore out the binding.” Abby “Why would someone tear out a page?” (They look at each other and the scene ends) When rolling in a circle around the team(the first time, not when Gibbs tells her to ‘loose the wheels’) Abby grabs McGee’s back for balance but this could be Pauley loosing her balance and just grabbing whoever was nearest, and that just happened to be Sean.
- 5.17 About Face McGee enlists Abby's help to get Palmer to remember what happened and what the perp looks like. When Palmer starts talking about his shoe fetish (under hypnoses) he starts to describe Abby's shoes McGee gives Abby a "I'll-kill-him-if-he-touches-you" look. McGee is leaning over Abby's shoulder while she works on her computer to try to put a face to Palmer's memory of the person who shot at him.
- 5.18 Judgement Day Part 1 Abby is working on finding out who a person is for the director, McGee walks into her lab (with a Caf-Pow) and asks what she is doing. She says she can't tell him. They talk for a few minutes and finally she caves. She makes him pinkie-swear that he won't tell anyone. He figures out how to find the person the director is looking for and Abby calls him a genius. Later on they are both in her lab again (It seems like he hung out there most of the day). Jen calls Abby to get the results. Abby and McGee stand side by side and arm in arm in her lab. McGee tries to slink away but allows Abby to pull her back to stand beside him.
- 5.19 Judgement Day Part 2 Abby gets slightly jealous when she finds out that he called Ziva more times than he called Tony. Abby gets very nervous and scared when Gibbs jumps on a plane and leaves NCIS on a red eye. She is pacing in front of McGee's desk with a Caf-Pow. McGee is trying to calm her down. When they get the phone call Abby and McGee are standing beside each other, he got up from his desk to stand next to her for support. Abby and McGee are working in her lab. McGee "Abby I'm almost done here. Where's the next batch?" Abby (crying) "Coming." McGee looks at her sadly, she trips and falls to the ground crying. McGee is immediately by her side. He picks up the CDs she dropped. McGee (sounds worried) "It's OK. Abby. It's OK." Abby "No. It's not (she wipes her face with her hand) we have work to do." (She gets up and walks over to the computer and starts typing. McGee looks at her worriedly. Her typing is too fast and she keeps messing up. McGee walks up behind her and tries to calm her down.) McGee "Abby. Slow down." Abby "I can't." McGee (he places his hand on top of hers) "Let me." (He looks VERY concerned because she is so sad and un-Abby-ish. She walks away letting him get full access to the computer). Abby "How could this happen?" McGee "I don't know." Abby "Where were Tony and Ziva?!" McGee "I don't know and don't ask me what I do know because I don't know that either." Later on Gibbs is dropping a box of evidence, Abby is crying and says she will do her very best work because it is for the director. She talks about how she should have told her that she liked her clothes because things like that shouldn't wait. Abby compliments Gibbs and he smiles, then Tony and Ziva as they filter into her lab, she hugs them all when she compliments them. McGee comes in the lab last and Abby says "McGee. (she brushes his shoulders with her hands) Oh McGee!" She hugs him and he is the only one that hugged her back. Towards the end of episode McGee and Abby are the ones who figure out who the mystery woman is. They are in her lab and Abby isn't crying. Perhaps McGee's nearess helped her to calmed down.
| Season 6|
- 6.01 Last Man Standing McGee is the only one of the old team that Abby sees regularly, well minus Gibbs, but she still works with Gibbs. At the end of the episode Abby and McGee walk into the room arm in arm.
- 6.02 Agent Afloat Abby comments that McGee has gotten some more skills since being in Cyber Crimes and that he is impressing her.
- 6.04 Heartland McGee and DiNozzo drop off evidence in Abby's lab. She starts talking about Fung Shei and while she is talking she looks at McGee and smirks, he smiles back. McGee calls Abby to tell her about Gibbs and his father. She also says in a playfully flirty voice "Hey Luke. How's Uncle Jessie?" Which is a play on Dukes Of Hazard. He looks psyched to see her through the webcam. When Tony tells McGee that Abby cheats at Punch Buggy he replies the he knows. This implies that he's played Punch Buggy with Abby too. McGee is helping Abby do forensics in Jackson's store. They load the trunk together and fight over who gets shotgun. Abby hugs Jackson and McGee makes it a point to tell him "She IS a hugger." They also end up riding all the way from Stillwater, PA to DC in the backseat together.
- 6.05 Nine Lives Abby shows McGee "mold porn". "Say it McGee, we're both adults." "Sex." He smiles after saying it and seeing the "porn" Is he thinking about Abs? Probably!
- 6.06 Murder 2.0 McGee and Abby are the ones that figure out what video is on the website. They explain it to Gibbs and McGee and Abby dance to the Numa-Numa Guy(you can actually find the Numa-Numa Guy at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh10 ). McGee gets scared when he finds out that the killer could be outside Abby's lab. (Noticing Abby is calling him Gibbs puts her on speaker phone. Only McGee and Gibbs are in the squadroom.) Gibbs "Yeah Abs. What have ya got?" Abby "It's another video Gibbs. It just popped up. I'm sending the URL now." (The video shows a poster outside of the lab) McGee "Abs you sure this is the killers? These links usually come with bodies." Abby "Yeah I was monitoring the killers original cyber-vid account and I caught this uploading. (The camera pans out and you can see the wall outside Abby's lab) Oh my God! That...poster is right outside my lab! He was here! He walked right by my lab!" McGee(scared) "Abby this isn't a flash codec it's H.264." Gibbs(scared) "Hey! McGee?!" McGee(looking worried) "Boss this isn't a video! It's steaming live! He's outside Abby's lab!" McGee jumps up from his desk and rushes towards her lab. Then the camera shows Abby looking over her shoulder and she looks scared. It phoofs out on her. The episode comes back and it shows Gibbs and McGee running down to her lab. McGee is on the phone with security and Gibbs is on the phone with Abby. After finding out that the camera was stuck in Janitor Harry's lunch box, McGee rushes into her lab to tell her everything is OK. McGee(running into her lab) "Abby! It's OK you're..." (McGee falls hard onto the floor next to Abby, he notices his shoes glued to the lab's floor), Again with the crazy glue?" Abby(huddled under a desk) "Consider yourself lucky, it was either that or hydrochloric acid! Did you catch him?" McGee "Oh well we caught somebody." Later on McGee, Ziva and Tony are all in Abby's lab with her dismantling the camera in Harry's lunch box. Abby says "I've never been so scared in my entire life. (McGee looks at her like he is worried about her.) Except when my stalker ex tried to kill me, and when my insane assistant, Chip, had me at knife point and when McGee's crazy fan put a gun to my head...." McGee(smiles encouragingly) "We, we got it Abs." McGee is the only member of the team with Abby in her lab when she tells Abby about accidentally giving the killer the interrogation room footage. He is standing very close to her and looks worried. Abby "I was tyring to figure out how the killer was casting a live stream through Harry's Janny-cam and I uploaded the FIRMWARE to try to track it and I got Herpes." McGee "She means a computer virus, Boss." Abby "Um...yea. And then the camera uploaded a Trojan horse in the mainframe that hi-jacked our internal security system. It's been cyber-casting out interrogation room cameras for over 24hrs." Gibbs "Disable it." Abby "I did. I'm just...I'm so sorry Gibbs." Gibbs "Not your fault Abby." Abby "It's your face on there Gibbs! You're the next victim!" Gibbs "I am not anyones victim." Abby "You could be dying of poison right now! The killer could have put a bomb in your cell phone Gibbs! (She grabs the phone out of his coat pocket and takes it apart.) OK. No bomb but still! We don't know what this video means." (She walks around McGee to her computer.) McGee "We know that someone is going to die in less than an hour." Gibbs "The Trojan horse. Can you trace it?" Abby "I tried Gibbs. I couldn't even trace the Janny-cam. The killer is bouncing signals." (McGee gets an idea and comes to stand next to Abby again. He gently grabs her arm.) McGee "Did you try both together?" Abby(looks at him and sighs in relief) "You are a god amongst men." McGee(smiles as they geek-speak and finish each others sentences.) "The Janny-cam and the horse are outgoing sources..." Abby "And we have two..." McGee "If we turn them both on..." Abby "We can triangulate back tot he killer." (Abby and McGee smile widely and look at Gibbs who looks confused.) Gibbs "Or you could stand there looking at me." (Abby and McGee start to work on the computer.) Abby "Releasing the Trojan horse..." McGee "Initializing the camera..." Abby "OK the signals are broadcasting..." McGee "Trying to hide behind the Great FireWall of China..." McGee and Abby(together) "But..." Abby "We got him!" McGee "The video camera is being re-routed to a DSL account registered to...(Drivers licence pops up on the screen) Rose Woodhouse."
- 6.07 Collateral Damage McGee and Abby are in her lab working on figuring out the bank robbery video. Abby organizes her thoughts(complete with moving her hands in the air) McGee asks what she is doing and she explains. He tries to help her 'organize' and she slaps his hand away. When she remembers the tattoo from the bank robbery she shoves McGee away from her computer and he just looks on and smiles. He doesn't care that she pushed him. When Abby matches the tattoo from the diamond heist to the bank robbery she looks at McGee and grins, McGee looks at her and smiles back.
- 6.08 Cloak McGee is visibly bothered when Abby starts locking doors. When he asks what she is doing and she tells him nothing he doesn’t believe her. She shoves evidence boxes at him and gets snippy when he starts asking questions about what she is doing because she left a monitor turned on. He looks very worried about her but has to leave because Gibbs wants him. Abby is hanging out at McGee’s desk late after the mission. They talk about her acting weird. He says she is acting weird, she says she is weird. He accuses her of lying and she denies it. She says she is leaving the squadroom and he says he is staying. He is very upset at her weird behavior. She seems like she wants to tell him what is going on but she can’t. The further into the episode the more McGee gets worried about Abby. He almost knocks down her door to get in. When Abby gets caught McGee’s jaw drops to the floor and he looks very concerned. He risks everything and goes into interrogation to see her he gets interrupted by Vance. (Abby is sitting across from the mirror staring at herself. The door opens and McGee enters, shutting the door behind him.) McGee(his voice is shaking) "Alright. I've only got a minute. Gibbs is up with the Director figuring out which one of them is going to interrogate you. (He leans on the table.) Abby. (His voice is practically dripping with fear. You can hear it.) You have got to tell me what is going on." Abby(she sounds like she is in trouble) "Is that some kind of trick?" McGee (looks at her confused) "What do you mean?" Abby "Bad cop, dumb cop routine to see if you can get me to talk? Well I'm not talking." McGee(smiles a little) "You are talking." Abby (thinks for a moment) "Right. OK. I'm not talking starting now(she zips her lips) McGee(stands up in frustration) "Abby. This is absurd! You are not a trader! Why would you be?! You love this country! (He leans down on the table near her again.) You love NCIS! You love your lab! You would never risk loosing your lab. (he drops his voice to a desperate whisper) Abby. You would never betray Gibbs." (The door opens and Vance walks in.) Vance "Special Agent McGee! What are you doing with my suspect?!" McGee(looks disturb at Vance calling Abby a suspect.) "Uh...Nothing Director. She's not talking." Abby(un-zips her lips.) I want a lawyer!" (She zips her lips again.) Vance(points at her) "Sit tight Miss Sciuto!" (Vance leaves and McGee looks at Abby with worry written all over his face. You can totally see it. The scene changes to Vance telling Lee that Abby will need legal representation. Then it goes back to the interrogation room where McGee still is with Abby. He never left.) McGee(He is sitting on one side of the Interrogation Table and Abby is across from him.) "OK here is what I know. You are working on something. That's not related to an official case. It's secretive, sneaky. You've been locking your doors and hiding something. (He leans towards her.) And that all looks bad. But Abby, I know you're a good person. Occasionally eccentric, but you're always reliable and trustworthy. If you don't want to talk..." Abby(sighs and interrupts him) "Of course I want to talk McGee! I'm dying here! I've been in on it since the beginning. Not the trader part. The catching of the trader part." McGee(looks confused) "Oh? (He then 'gets it' and looks relieved.) OH!" Abby "Gibbs came to me. Days ago. I formulated the marking dye. I couldn't' let anyone into the lab, plus I spilled some. McGee "On your hands?" Abby "And on the floor. I mean the hands part that was part of the plan." McGee "Wait so this is all part of it? Gibbs and Vance know that you're innocent?" Abby(Smiles suggestively) "As a puppy. I mean the kind of puppy you would send into the bushes to make all the birds fly out so you could shoot them. (They smile at each other.) You're so sweet to worry Timmy. but I'm not in the cross hairs." (McGee kisses Abby on the cheek. He seems extremely happy when he kisses her and she smiles back at him after the kiss). At the very end when Gibbs catches Lee he only takes DiNozzo and Ziva with him implying that McGee is still at NCIS with Abby.
- 6.09 Dagger Abby doesn't seem happy having McGee spending a lot of time with Agent Lee and desperately wants his help. Abby seems very jealous.
- 6.10 Road Kill Abby and McGee work together to find the shoe print and the finger print. And he is so close to her while they are working he is practically on top of her. He is looking over her shoulder and his front is pressed to her back. He is almost hugging her from behind. And she doesn’t even care. It’s definite yellow light behavior. They work together in the evidence garage and talk about who Gibbs would beat in a backyard brawl. They go through all of the Terminator’s, Mothra, Gozilla, and finally evil clone or evil twin of Gibbs. While working in her lab they find a picture of the mystery woman online. McGee starts drooling and Abby says “Blink McGee, it’s just a girl.”
- 6.11 Silent Night Abby can make McGee do anything, including, but not limited to, break protocol. When she meets him in the observation room she gives him a big hug and says "Merry Christmas Tiny Tim!"
- 6.12 Caged At the end of the episode when McGee stands up to the car repair shop technician (over the phone) Abby expresses how much she likes the "new" McGee. The two were supposed to have lunch but he is away at the women's prison so Abby leaves him a note on his desk when she returns his video game. Abby is more scared than normal when she hears one of the team is in danger when it is McGee. Gibbs knows it so he assures her that he'll be in contact.
- 6.13 Broken Bird Abby can’t believe that McGee was a Mac guy. Abby “Did you write this aging program McGee?” McGee “Yeah, updated some of the protocols on the existing version.” Abby “It’s not bad lets see how we do with facial recognition (she walks over to him) I heard about your shipment from home I was kind shocked.” McGee “Yeah big surprise. I was a dork.” Abby(shocked) “That’s not what I meant.” McGee “You might not have noticed but it took a lot of work to out grow those geeky awkward fazes.” Abby(smiles flirty) "I like your geeky parts.” McGee “Me too but I want to be more than just a walking search engine, ya know? The tricky thing is adding the new layers…” Abby(interrupting him) “Without loosing some of the old. I know that.” McGee “Well then what are you shocked at?” Abby “I can’t believe you were a Mac guy.” (McGee nods his head and smiles. The computer beeps) McGee “Got him.”
- 6.15 Deliverance She tells him to drop the call he is making trying to find Tony’s mystery lady because something is really important. Abby gets McGee to find out who Tomas is. He looks worried when she says she needs his help and it’s important.
- 6.17 South By Southwest Abby and McGee figure out what is in the paint on the picture she was mailed. He seems jealous that this guy sent her a painting and that she talks to other guys all the time.
- 6.19 Hide & Seek Abby watches McGee's Ebay auctions for him while she is working in her lab. McGee gets VERY excited about wagons and wagon tires. He is practically hugging Abby while he is talking to her. Abby plays into McGee's excitement and she gets excited for him. Abby(walking out of the elevator) “So what McGee, is a wagon derby in town?” McGee “Abby these are not just any wagon theses are all terrain Wagon Boy wagons look at the size of those wheels” Abby “Bigger isn’t always better McGee (McGee looks at her and she smiles) Those are cool tires.” McGee “Yeah (He puts his hands on her shoulders and they both grin. He is almost hugging her from behind.) See the zigzag double-H waffle zigzag tread on those tires? That’s Wagon Boy exclusive.” Abby “McGee your like a little kid on Christmas.” McGee “I canvassed the housing Norfolk collecting as many wagons as I could find.” Abby “Doesn’t seem to be any obvious signs of blood.” McGee “Then lets look for the not so obvious. (He hands her a spray bottle.)” Abby “Lets! (They walk to the first wagon her with spray and him with black light) You know I always wanted one of these.” McGee “Never had a wagon?” Abby “Nope we had a tortoise” (McGee looks up at her confused) McGee “Uh…ok” (They continue to ALS the wagons.) Abby “We used to ride Hermey everywhere, well except to Grammy Sciuto’s house because he always ate her prize winning petunias. Dad always said, we could get a wagon after Herman died. But those tortoises they live like forever. (They spray a few more wagons and find one with blood on it.) So whose wagon is it McGee?” McGee “The one who is not getting theirs back.”
- 6.20 Dead Reckoning Abby and McGee are in her lab trying to figure out why the perp would be spending seven hours a day playing a crappy MMORPG. They talk about how much the game sucks. She turns to Tim and says "Not playtime for the Elf Lord”. They figure out it's because the perp can chat in real time with his other thug buddies. Abby turns to McGee and in a flirty voice, says "McGee. It's playtime." They make their own characters and play the game together while searching for information. While Gibbs and Kort are in Abby's lab McGee and Abby have a small 'geek speak'.moment. When Kort and Gibbs are in the lab Abby says that the game is like the wild, wild west, McGee compliments her, he looks at her and says “But boss you’re looking at the sheriff” McGee smiles at her and she grins ear-to-ear back at him. Gibbs who is still standing there looks at McGee and glares at them for flirting. Gibbs and Kort leave and Abby and McGee go back to playing the game. Later on in the episode, McGee and Abby are in her lab working, McGee looks at her very concerned. He tries to calm her down when they find out Tony and Ziva were compromised. McGee (trying to calm her) “Abby. No one was hurt. Tony and Ziva are fine.” Abby “They’re not fine. Not as long as someone is leaking information. I mean how else would Saravo know, about our meeting with Florez and that we had Perry (McGee sighs) See?! No one is safe until I find this leak.” McGee “Any luck?” Abby(Walks over beside him) “No. There were no unusual outgoing calls from the NCIS switchboard (she starts typing next to McGee) I ran all the phone numbers for every one w/ knowledge of the crime, I ran Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, you, me Home, cell, and office” McGee(smiles) “You ran your own home records?” Abby “Yeah. Gibbs orders.” McGee “What about the internet? Could be a virus or trojan horse on the network.” Abby “I already checked all incoming and outgoing communications all the firewalls are in place and the TCP servers are secure if there’s a leak its not coming from this building and I don’t know where else to look” (Gibbs walks in) Gibbs “Try this.” Abby “What number is this?” McGee “Kort?” Gibbs “(To Abby) Just run it (to McGee) What have you got?” (McGee starts to explain how and where he tracked Saravo’s hideout he says to get Tony and Ziva and meet him in the evidence garage in five minutes.)
- 6.21 Toxic McGee is concerned about Abby when she is dressed all in black at the very beginning of the episode, she is dressed as if she is going to a funeral. McGee is the first one to worry about Abby when Gibbs says she was taken by the FBI. He is the first one to jump into action to find out why Fornell requested her. He tells Gibbs he will hack into the FBI computer to access where she is. McGee is on the cover of Abby's book "Abby's Lab For Dummies." McGee looks worried when Abby opens the video link on her computer and she doesn't answer Tony when he asks if she is alright. When Abby storms in the bullpen McGee looks relived and at the same time checks to make sure she is OK. He is the first one to ask her how she is. McGee is the one that informs the rest of the team that Abby is doing better than she was before, therefore indicating that he went down to her lab and talked to her. McGee is concerned when Abby shows up to work when she wasn't supposed to. McGee's sign is the only one that is a different color. Palmer and Tony's signs are black, McGee's sign is red.
- 6.22 Legend Part 1 Abby gets worried about McGee going to LA because "last time they went to LA one of them didn't come home." Gibbs promises to bring McGee back.
- 6.23 Legend Part 2 McGee looks worried when he finds out Abby did the last search for Rivkin. He even lies to Gibbs about it. Abby is sitting at McGee's desk writing him an I miss you note. It's big it's like a sign you would hold up at an airport. She draws hearts over the I's in 'We Missed You Timmy.' She also decorated his desk with balloons and according to Tony "made it look like a tiki hut". She totally misses her Timmy. At the end of the episode Abby admits to Tony she misses McGee.
- 6.24 Semper Fidelis Abby vents to McGee about the chick that squashed the bug. Also her and McGee go over evidence and she explains that the poker pot doesn't look right. Abby is visibly jealous when McGee and the new ICE agent get 'close' and when Jules touches McGee's hand. Jules and Abby get into a confrontation after Jules touches McGee's hand. (Abby walks over to McGee and Jules) Abby "Are you in the habit of destroying evidence, Jules. Because I am the one that has to put all those tiny parts back together and make them work again." Jules "You can do that?" Abby: "Of course I can" Jules(sounding snotty) "Then what's the problem?" Abby "I'm sure you probably know some form of martial arts, don't you?" Jules "Yes." Abby "So if I tried to scratch your eyes out, you could probably break my fingers?" Jules(in a stuck-up tone) That would be a mistake. You need those fingers to fix that bug." (Abby stalks over to McGee with her arms crossed). Abby(angrily) "And in MY own lab!" Abby calls McGee for help with some evidence. She doesn't really need his help she just wants to be near him. They start talking about the bug and how it works then somehow get into a conversation about camping. McGee asks if Abby ever went camping and she replies that there were alligators in her backyard. She walks to the table where AFIS is and he watches her for a moment. Then he gets up and joins her at the table. McGee "Ya know. You don't really need my help with this." Abby(looking embarrassed) "A second set of hands can't hurt." (She flashes him a flirty smile) McGee(smiles back) "Are you feeling neglected?" Abby "Neglected? More like nauseous. (she sighs) Having to watch you flirt with Jules." McGee(sounding apologetic) "C'mon. That wasn't flirting." Abby "Oh please. (she gently rubs her hands together) Your hands, drifting across the keyboard, pinky's gently grazing (McGee smiles at her teasing) Please. I know." McGee "She's out of my league anyway, Abs." (Abby hits him in the chest.) Abby "No she's not." (McGee raises his eyebrow in confusion and you can tell she didn't want to say that but if she doesn't it would make things awkward between them. The scene ends on Abby looking sad.) She is very jealous and McGee seems like he is sorry that he was flirting with someone other than Abby.
- 6.25 Aliyah In Abby's lab after the explosion at Ziva' apartment, McGee cracks his joke about a fried hard drive to Abby and she knowingly asks him how many times he told that joke. He says none, she looks at him he says 1 or twice. She says he shouldn’t crack jokes about it because Tony & Ziva could have died. He looks apologetic. McGee stays home at NCIS with Abby, while the rest of the team is in Israel. Later on in the episode Gibbs calls them from overseas. They talk to Gibbs and McGee looks at Abby like she is nuts when she tells Gibbs about wanting to go to Dolly Wood. She tells McGee not to tell Gibbs about the call to Mossad but he tells Gibbs anyway. They seem to be getting along better in this episode than in the last episode. Abby and McGee are in her lab again geek-speaking to Gibbs abut Rivkin’s laptop which really isn’t his, it’s the dead handlers laptop. They tell him that Rivkin contacts are to a restricted account. The account belongs to Ziva at NCIS. Near the end, Abby and McGee talk about waiting for the team to come back in the bullpen. He says he promised to call her when Tony, Ziva and Gibbs get back but she tells him that would be too late and she doesn’t want to be late to say happy homecoming.
| Season 7|
- 7.01 Truth or Consequences Tim told Abby that he left her out of the "Ziva" loop for her own safety and benefit. It was McGee's idea to involve Abby later in the episode. When she says she is freaking out, he stands close to her and looks concerned. They hack together to find Ziva. Throughout that time he keeps looking over at her to make sure she is OK. They sing the Goat song to Tony together. When Gibbs gives the grim news Abby and Tim look sad but he also looks towards her to see her reaction. When in MTAC she smiles coyly at him while they talk to Gibbs and Vance. They finish each others sentences the entire time they are geek-speaking in MTAC. They also sit very close together.
- 7.02 Reunion When Abby goes in Observation she stands next to Tim while telling the rest of them about the gun that killed Officer Shelley. He keeps a smile on his face while she is talking.
- 7.03 The Inside Man McGee has to take his polygraph test again. When looking over the car in the evidence garage he admits to Abby that he is worried about it. She continues to talk evidence while he talks polygraph test. The both stand up and face each other at the same time and say "You're not listing to me." Abby can see the worry on his face and tells him about someone else who had to re-take the test but it's a flop because that agent no longer works for NCIS. She continually tries to make him feel better about the test. In autopsy they are standing side-by-side. When McGee gets arrested he is sure to send the navigational information to Abby before getting caught. Abby has McGee and Tony's mugshots on her screen in her lab and is worried that her little Timmy looks scared and is being tormented by murderers and addicts while in jail. She never mentions Tony during her rant. Gibbs walks in and she asks if he is going to let the boys rot in jail. Just then McGee and Tony walk into Abby's lab. She hugs McGee first and harder than Tony. Towards the end of the episode, McGee figures out that the guy had a rail card and asks Abby for help. She smiles big when he asks if she has the serial number. McGee gently pushes Abby out of the way so he can use her computer but she just smiles and works beside him. He gives her a big smile when she finds the route that ties the two men together.
- 7.04 Good Cop, Bad Cop McGee goes down to Abby's lab to see what she's up to in the fight to get Ziva back on team Gibbs. Abby's stewing over hurricane weather patterns, and McGee tells her he thinks it looks cool before he knows what it is. She says "No, it's not!" and he automatically switches his opinion and starts agreeing with everything she says. She looks at him with a stern look on her face and he replies that he was agreeing with her. She tells him to stop agreeing with her just to agree with her. They talk about why the storm at the time couldn't be the one that sunk the Damocles. McGee agrees and Abby pouts at him but smiles. McGee gets really excited when he thinks of a great solution to the hurricane/found body dilemma, but Abby shoots him down saying that she already thought of that (in so many words) an hour earlier. Then they back track the ocean current to find the exact spot the the Damacles went down. Throughout the entire scene they are smiling at each other. Later in the episode, McGee & Abby are going through all the evidence from the Damocles. Feeling swamped, McGee makes mention that he doesn't know where to begin, and Abby tells him her "philosophy" of how to proceed in finding evidence/answers. She says "No plan, just go. Finding along the way. If you look for something specific" McGee finishes her sentence "Then you look for one thing." She high-fives McGee and says that the reverberations from their high-five would be felt throughout all of Team Ziva, and only good things can come of positive reverberations. She pouts about what Ziva is going through. McGee, noticing this, asks for another high-five and Abby smiles big and gives him one.
- 7.05 Code of Conduct Gibbs comes down to Abby's lab to see how the evidence processing is going, and amidst all the confiscated goods from the crime scene that are motion-activated and ghoulish, Gibbs asks Abby why she isn't sporting a costume this year. Abby says it's because Vance forbid costumes because of McGee the year before and the Jonas Brothers debacle: McGee in skinny jeans killed it for everyone. Priceless!
- 7.07 Endgame McGee gets a girlfriend and Abby hears about it through the grapevine. She comments that Tim looks "happy" and that "it's becoming" because he looks confident. She asks if there's anything he wants to tell her, anything new, anything at all, and after a bit of prying, he confesses that he's been seeing someone. Abby throws her arms around him and he doesn't hug her back (in shock or lacking that spark he used to have?) and she tells him that she already knew and that she's "totally happy for him." He thanks her, looking awkward. She then brings up really quickly that Eric from the L.A. office has been really helpful for the ongoing case, trying to insight a little jealousy in McGee by asking what he looks like (then going on about how she doesn't remember California much because she was six the last time she went and had a bad allergic reaction to avocados...) but McGee kind of blows her off and says he "really has to get back upstairs." A little shocked that he didn't bite, Abby says, "oh, ok" and reaffirms that she's happy for McGee's new relationship. He leaves, sheepishly, and Abby tries to play it off but looks utterly heartbroken! So sad! By the end of the episode she seems a little better (in part because of a double-dose Caf-Pow gift from Gibbs), but there's no further McAbby moments to see if the tension is back between the adorable twosome.
- 7.10 Faith McGee grants a little boy's wish and in the final scene was a McAbby cheek kiss moment made of pure win! Here's me hoping there's a chance for McAbby this season! The first Abby & McGee moment is when Abby and her college friend are decorating her lab skeleton to look like Santa. McGee walks in after being summoned by Abs. "Abby?" "McGee, you're here!" "Hey, got any specifics from the metal we pulled from Ellis' wound?" "It's uh, in...Mas-Spec's working on it as we speak, but there's someone you have to meet. This is one of my very bestest friends in the whole world. We went to college together, and she's the lab tech over at the VA now. Carol Wilson, Special Agent McGee." Carol: "How goes it, McGee?" "Goes great. [to the Skele Clause] Much better than this guy. Santa...I don't know why he did the lap band. I told him not to..." [Abby & Carol look embarrassed for McGee's awful joke] "Well...you know...Santa...can't have a lap band. He's gotta be...it doesn't work. What are you drinking? " "Oh, Caf-Nog. It's an old family recipe." So Abby and Carol proceed to fill McGee in about Carol's nephew who asked only to see his mom for Christmas, but she's stuck in the middle of the Indian Ocean on a destroyer. "All Fisher asked for was to see his mom." "On a destroyer?" "...Yea. So, we thought you could help." So McGee tries to get out of helping because he doesn't want to let anyone down, but Abby works her Timmy magic and convinces him to aid in the effort. "McGee, he's like, a miracle-worker. If anyone can do this, he can. Right, McGee?" Later, McGee is working hard on some project Tony & Ziva aren't aware of, and he mentions that he's got a special charity that he's spending all his time on this year. At the end of the episode, we find out that McGee was able to pull off the Christmas miracle, and so happens the greatest McAbby moment of NCIS history! Well, in this editor's opinion, at least. "Well, not bad, huh? Pulled it off." Abby grabs McGee's face and plants a big kiss on his cheek, leaving a bright red lipstick mark; McGee looks incredibly happy. "You would make a GREAT Santa." "I guess you just gotta believe." Abby looks away and then back at Tim with this look of child-like wonder. "I do believe." McGee pulls Abby to him and kisses her sweetly on the cheek, and Abby smiles so big.
| Season 8|
- 8.09 Domestic Well,the Israelis are back in town,and in a blast Leon get's injured,an Iraeli agent,Hadar,get's killed and Ziva's father,Eli David is missing.Also there is a new agent in Mossad,Liat who took the place of Ziva.So,there is a scene between Abby and McGee in Abby's Lab.They are talking about a improvised,handmade bomb.Abby:''The director's lucky to be alive, McGee.There were three separate blasts,but the diffusion is rectangular, instead of round.I also have found traces of sulfur, charcoal,ammonium nitrate and potassium hydroxide,so, the murder weapon was a series of claymore-type directional mines.''McGee:''Safe housewas booby-trapped.''Abby:''Yeah. It was wired from the inside,so the opening and closing of the door pulled the pin.''McGee:''Duty roster on the safe house shows that it was only vacant and locked down for a half-hour this morning, prior to the conference.''Abby:''But it wouldn't take very longto rig if they had built in advance.I mean, it's really not hard to improvise, either.The only challenging ingredient to find is a blasting cap.''McGee:''Well, cross-reference hardware stores with chemistry supply shops and maybe we can get a lead on who built the things.Okay, Abby, I'm gonna need... Oh.''(Abby gives him the shopping list that he needed)Abby:''A shopping list?''McGee:''Thanks.G-100 grade ball bearings,12 penny nails, plastic casing,copper wire, electrical tape.''Abby:''And a little bit of ingenuity,you, too, could build one of these.A claymore mine....Mc... Gyver?''McGee:''Mc..Gyver??''Abby:''.Been keeping that one in my back pocket for a while.'' Then McGee gives her a kiss on the cheeck and leaves the lab.
- 8.10 False Witness This is the first episode of the 8th season in which the charachters ara talking clearly about Abby's relationship with McGee as something more as just friends.So there is a missing Petty Officer whos is witness to a murder.After Gibbs finds him,Abby has to take the measures of his face to see if the threatning dvd that the Petty Officer received is real. Abby'':You have very symmetric zygomatic arches.'' P.Officer:''As long as they help you catch whoever's after me. '' Abby'':Well, taking precise measurements of your face,I can extrapolate the exact dimensions of the knife-holding hand.It'll be useful when we get a suspect.''P.Officer:Hmm. Smart. I can see why Agent McGee was interested in you.''Abby:''Excuse me?''P.Officer:''When he brought me down here he didn't seem too comfortable leaving me alone.I love this song...''Abby:I've had, um,problems with visitors.So, he was just being overprotective.''P.Officer:''Of what?Your butt???He couldn't stop checking it out when your back was turned.''Abby:''Really...?''P.Officer:''But I can see why you probably wanted to keep things casual.''Abby:''And why is that?''P.Officer:''What if he was the one?You're obviously married to your work.It's too soon to meet the one.''in the moment Abby hears that question from the P.Officer she get's very anxious.Abby stops the music and then Gibbs and Tony stop by to get the P.Officer.
- 8.14 A Man Walks Into a Bar ...A psychiatrist comes to make evaluations on team Gibbs and brings to them flashbacks of memories that they liked or memories they try to forget.Turns out the psychiatrist is Kate's sister.About Abby and McGee...The psychiatrist is evaluating McGee she tells him about the women in his life,Tim says that he hasn't found the right one yet and she replies that he is might looking too hard.Does she mean Abby?Maybe....A little while after that the psyciatrist is evaluating Abby and that's how their conversation starts.Abby:''I can't right now.I'm swamped, okay?I love my job,I love my Gibbs I need more sleep and...I am learning to not be so hard on myself.See how much time we just saved?''Psychiatrist:Well, I know for a fact that you can, uh,work and talk at the same time.You are a champion multitasker.''Abby:''Okay...I'm scared.''Phyciatrist:''Of what?''Abby:''Well... what if I... tell you a bunch of stuff, and thenI learn things about myself that I totally hate?''Psychiatrist:''That could happen,but... unlikely.''Abby:''Okay then, go ahead.Criticize me.I'm ready.''Psychiatrist:''I have nothing to criticize.Y-you are so totally grounded in self-confidence.You make Goth look...gorgeous and fun.''Abby:''I'm not a Goth.I'm a... scientist.''Psychiatrist:''And a great one.But you work too hard.Is there any Abby time?''Abby:''I make sandwiches for theshelter, on Sundays.''Psyciatrist:''That's not relaxing.''Abby:''I... drive for the food bank.''Psychiatrist:''All work and no play.Do you ever hang out with any of your female co-workers?''(Abby has flashbacks about Kate...)Abby:''I miss Kate.''Psychiatrist:''If you-if you didn't,I'd be concerned.You need someoneto fill that void.''Abby:''Well, it's not like I have a lot of time to look.''Psychiatrist:''Mmm... certainly not Gibbs.''Abby:''And Ziva,she's seeing somebody.''Psychiatrist:''How about McGee?''(Abby get's upset and having start having flashbacks of her and McGee back then when they were a couple)Abby:''No. No!''Psychiatrist:''Why not?''Abby:''N-no. Because.McGee... and I, we're...We had... we're... friends.''(Abby really wants to make this clear...what if she hasn't got over Tim?)
- 8.15 Defiance McGee and Tony have to protect a president's daughter who is really into Tim.In some seconds of scenes Abby asks McI'm just processing
Armstrong's computer.gee about his new girlfriend,but every time he get's that question he answers the some thing.''She is NOT my Girlfriend!!'' McGee's new friend tried to kiss him but Tim pulled back.After the girl has been kidnapped under McGee's protection Abby does a thing like a spell to sent away the bad luck.
- 8.16 Kill Screen There was a murder of a Corporal Armstrong but what the team didn't know is that the real target was his girlfriend who is a master computer games player.At the same time Blake Martin assinted by the D.O.D. is in the agency to investigate the computer breach which might be coused by a computer virus or from illegal hacking!(like the one Tim is doing inside the FBI,CIA and the Pentagon)At the same time McGee and Ziva meets MAXine the corporal's ex girlfriend ,Gibbs is in Abby's Lab and Abby is telling him to give money because she wants to raise money to prevent the fact of McGee going in jail because of the hacking.So there is a dialogue between Tim and Abby. Tim:''Abbs. Hey, you busy?''Abby:''I'm just processing Armstrong's computer.''Tim:''Mind if I use your spare?I'm trying to keep a low profile.''Abby:''Don't you worry, McGee.We have got your back.(and shows him the jar with the money)''Tim:''Oh, let's hope it doesn't come to that.''Abby:''So what are you looking for?''Tim:''Got a lead on the shooter.Women Armstrong
has been dating.And there's a lot.Going to have to interview them all.''Abby:''Well, maybe you'll meet someone.Though I heard you already have.(Abby sounds playful and a little bit jealous)''Tim:''What?Wait? What? No.Who-Who told you that?(he denieds it and he's becoming anxious)''Abby:''I mean, if you have,it's okay.''Tim:''But I haven't!''Abby:''Well, that's not what I hear.Which would be fine with me.I mean, why wouldn't it be?(get's kind of nervous in this second)''Tim:''You tell me.''Abby:''Nothing to tell.''Tim:''Okay, then.''Abby:''Okay, then.''
8.21 Dead Reflection There is a new agent in NCIS.Spacial agent E.J. Barrett.In the previous episodes Abby's and McGee's relashionship was just professional.Agent Barretts's team is arriving in D.C and then the professional thing is becoming compicated. While Ziva and Tony where on a stake-out,Tony said that he is gonna send the photos to Mcabby,he used the double name. Inside Abby's Lab:Abby:''I hope this doesn't take too long.''McGee:''Well, it shouldn't.We're only running the image
against Naval officers.You in a hurry?''Abby:''Yeah, sort of.Um... yeah.''McGee:''Okay, got him.Commander Nelson Tunney.''Abby:''Great.''Tony:''DiNozzo.''Abby:''Tony. We got a name.''Tony:''Yeah, I know.Commander Nelson Tunney.''Abby:''If you already knew, then whydid you keep us here so late?''Tony:''Sorry. Ziva ran the license plate.''McGee:''Let me talk to him.Tony, Tunney was.Petty Officer Donner'sformer C.O.In a Naval Special Warfare unit.''Tony:''Okay. Good work.Thanks.''McGee:'' Yep.''(and then a member of agent Barrett's team,Simon Cade,walks in.)Simon:''Thought you were going tomeet me in the squad room.''Abby:''Oh! Hi.Simon. Hi.Sorry. No, uh, um,something came up.''Simon:''We're still on for tonight?''Abby:''Yes. Yes,yes, yes.Let me just get my coat.''Simon:''Hey, McGee.''McGee:''Hey. Cade.''(McGee seems very suprised and quite jealous)Sometime later in Abby's lab...again.Abby:''(while looking at a security footage)You're saying something...What, what, what?''McGee:''Still messing with that?''Abby:''Yeah. They're talking.I just, I can't figure out
what they're saying.''McGee:''So, how did last night go?''Abby:''Last night?''Yeah. You and Special Agent Cade.''
Abby:''Oh, he's... great.Have you talked to him?''McGee:''Not really.''Abby:''Oh, you should.Simon doesn't know anyone in Washington.He's living out of a hotel,
still looking for a place.Thought I would show him around...Maybe I can geta reflection of her lips off this mirror here.''McGee:''So where did you and Simon go?''Abby:''Oh, we went to an Indian restaurant,and he spoke Hindi with the waiter.And then we took a cab to a club in Georgetown.We had a conversation in Swahili with the driver.''(Tim looks very jealous about Simon's perfection and of Abby,for having so much fun with him)McGee:''Oh, so he's a linguist...''Abby:''Yeah.He'svery, very,very smart.And, and endearing.He's a jock, too.He played football in college.''McGee:''Where?''Abby:''Yale.He's all Ivy League.''Abby:''She was pretty upset.(talking about the dead woman)''McGee:''Well, I hope you didn't show him all your tattoos.''Abby:''You're jealous.''McGee:''Let me take a look
at this thing.''Then Tim is changing the subject back to work,avoiding Abby's last phrase,and and then Abby smiles.A little while after that,there is conversation about Abby between Tim and Tony.Tim:''Did Abby say anything to you about Special Agent Cade?''Tony:''The Hulk? No.''Tim:''I thinkshe's fascinated by him.''Tony:''I know what's going on in that paranoid little
brain of yours, Timmy.You're not the smartest kid in the class anymore,and you don't like it.''Tim:''No, it's not that.It's just, I enjoyed it more when it was just us.Doesn't it bother you,having Barrett's team around?''My life was a lot simpler before she got here.''
Then they continue talking about Tony relashionship with E.J Barrett.