| "JACK KNIFE"|
airdate: February 9, 2010
written by: Jesse Stern
directed by: Dennis Smith
| When a Marine is found dead, Gibbs, Fornell and the team hit the open road to bust an illegal trucking operation. (CBS Synopsis)|
- Gibbs tells McGee to get Ziva and Tony out of bed. McGee's initial thinking was they were in bed together.
- Gibbs: "I know my goldfish didn't eat a t-bone."
- Tony says, “We got nothing.” Fornell says he doesn’t like the sound of that Tony says more cheerfully “We got nothing!”
- "Pushing people is rude, McGee," Abby says.
- "Don't confuse the girl, it took a lot of marionetting to get her this far." - Tony to Werth.
- Ziva - "The heart has strings?"
- Rule #27 There are two ways to follow someone: "One way, they never notice you. The other is, they only notice you."
- Fornell thinks it is important that Gibbs is letting him drive. Gibbs shrugs and says, "You already slept with my wife."
- McGee keeps falling asleep. In the car, he wakes up to find Gibbs and Fornell already in the car. He falls asleep at his desk and Tony refuses to tell him what Ziva did to him while he was sleeping. He goes to sleep in Abby's lab because he cannot keep up with Gibbs's schedule, using Bart, the hippo for his pillow. "What goes through his veins?" Gibbs, who just walked in, retorts, "Coffee."
- Fornell and Gibbs attention-getting arguments during a fuel-up, corresponding to Rule #27.
- Fornell asks about the past of Werth that Gibbs wanted to hide. Gibbs responds, "Oh, small bout of steroid induced psychosis."
- McGee hyped up on coffee starts decrypting Morse Code using finger taps, and talking like Gibbs running through how to track the hijacked target. "F-U....E-L"- McGee says aloud to Tony as he deciphers the Morse Code.
- Gibbs smirks at Ziva when they open the back of the truck.
- McGee hyped up on coffee chattering away to Ziva. He uses trucker lingo and says 'over.' Ziva thinks their conversation is done so she removes her earpiece.
- McGee telling Tony to get over the injuries that happened 2 years ago and Tony saying he only has 1 nose and emphasizing his FACE.
- Tony's looks during the entire part of the convoy, regarding McGee and his coffee drinking, especially the sugar he puts in his coffee while on stake out!
- Gibbs turning around in circles trying to get his sling on.
- Ziva's face when the truck comes toward her and Damon (and his face, watching Ziva). "And you say I'm crazy"
- When they open the back of the truck and Gibbs is pointing his gun at the hijackers, says "Do I even need to tell you you're under arrest?"
- Abby asking Tim if he got bitten by a Tsetse fly in Somalia.
- Fornell has grown a beard.
- Apparently Gibbs saved Fornell's life at one point in the past. Or vice-versa.
- Gibbs has goldfish.
- Ziva finally uses a contraction!
- Another rule - #27 about 2 ways to follow someone - "One way, they never notice you. There other is, they only notice you."
- Tony asks what Ziva meant when she said "see you later" to Werth. He asks if it's her goodbye or she if meant she'd see him at a later date. Ziva doesn't answer.
- McGee's boy-scout years paid off (Morse code).
- Tony is possessive of Ziva.
- This is the third episode that Damon Werth has appeared.
- Ducky wore a tie in this episode rather than his trademark bow tie. The episode later it is revealed that this is because his mother had died. However, no indication in this episode is made that this is the case.
- Chat about Jack Knife here!
Where is Palmer?
- Why has Tony been sleeping in a chair? And how does Ziva know this?
- Is Mark Harmon's injury real? It's been 3 episodes now in which he's been wearing a sling. (Gibbs got hurt when he pushed Tim out of the path of the car in "Jetlag")
- 7.16 Mother's Day Secrets arise when Gibbs' former mother-in-law surfaces as a witness in a murder investigation.