| "GOOD COP, BAD COP"|
airdate: October 13, 2009
written by: David J. North
directed by: Leslie Libman
- Gibbs calling Ziva "Probie".
- A lot of the dialogue between McGee and Tony
- Ziva sneaking up on Tony and Tony's subsequent heart palpitations. "Someone dial nine-one, and wait for me to tell you to dial the last one. You know, you gotta dial nine to get out of the building, so dial nine-nine-one, and then wait for me to tell you to dial the last one."
- Tony saying he can hack a computer and McGee later realizing he planted the virus
- The whole Alien conversation between Tim and Tony
- Tony getting left outside the autopsy room
- Vance discussing Gibbs on the phone with Eli, with Gibbs sitting next to him
- The "color war". What's blue, red, and black all over? Ziva getting rejected.
- Abby's philosophy: If you look for something specific, then there's only one right answer. Therefore, don't set a game plan.
- Tony almost leaving autopsy with a skull in hand. It was just shy of a Hamlet moment.
- Tony planting a virus in McGee's computer is the latest in the line of pranks he pulled on McGee.
- Leon asking Gibbs if he was ready to play "Bad Cop" and Gibbs asking in reply "You were playing Good Cop all this time, Leon?"
- Vance explaining facts to Ziva as he joins her in Interrogation, 'for the record...', 'for the record...', 'for the record we have not charged you with a crime' Ziva: 'then why am I here???' Vance: 'for the record.' as they look up at the camera.
- The captain of the Damocles, meeting Ziva says 'you are a woman.' Ziva responds, 'you are a genius.'
- The captain explains to Ziva he doesn't have any problem with women, but he can't vouch for his men. Ziva responds that she isn't paying him for protection...if he only knew her ability to protect herself - and more....
- Ben-Gidon responds to Tony's smalltalk about keeping in touch; 'not even so much as an e-card...'
- Tony to Ben-Gidon, has anyone offered you tea? I think we're out of gefilte fish. Ben-Gidon's terse response: "do you really enjoy jelly balls of carp or are you merely being anti-semantic?"
- Gibbs repeatedly smacks Ben-Gidon in the right shoulder and obviously enjoys inflicting pain on him.
- After Ben-Gidon admits failing Ziva, Ziva coolly advises him; obviously stronger in her soul and pretty clearly and accusingly calls Ben-Gidon weak: "Never apologize. It is a sign of weakness."
- Tony 'heart attack' and the dialing of 911 when Ziva sneaks up on him
- Ziva telling Tony that he is almost as bad at computers as Gibbs, and then she turns around expecting Gibbs to be there.
- Abby running the flight of stairs after Ducky had stopped the elevator on the top floor because of his knee.
- Vance isn't superstitious, but he's a "little-stitious/"
- We're beginning to see how Gibbs has rubbed off on Ziva. Without hesitation, she recites that there is no such thing as an "ex-Marine", and she tells Ben-Gidon that apologizing is a sign of weakness.
- Ziva begins to fear for those close to her, as evidenced when she told Ducky to keep his distance, because everyone that she grows close to her ends up dead.
- Ziva is very, very respectful of her people and her country. Even when asked, she didn't want to reveal a lot about the Damocles. She respects Mossad and went to see Saleem alone.
- Ducky has grown a lot closer to Ziva; he wants her happy again.
- Gibbs is back to his usual manner with Ziva.
- Gibbs and Vance are a lot closer. They work together nicely in this episode.
- McGee is really coming to his own. He's standing up more and more to Tony and becoming less of a "Probie."
- A cool 'fatherly' moment from both characters in regards to Ziva as Ducky explains to Gibbs there are 'other kinds' of love than tough love.
- Ziva's discussion with Ben-Gidon, "have you ever seen a snake shed its skin and try to crawl back into it? It is NOT natural." "You don't need your old skin, its who you are inside - just relax, let it grow back. The Americans left you, Ziva, your family never has." Is she a snake? Is she a David? Is she NCIS? She's struggling...
- No one is afraid to bend the rules, and will go all the way for Ziva, like in the 'kill shot' bullet
- A Québec film titled Bon Cop, Bad Cop was released in 2006. It is the highest grossing Canadian movie in the Canadian box office.
- The Sword of Damocles is a story about switching places but the switch brings potentially deadly consequences.
- What did Gibbs whisper in Ziva's ear?
- Gibbs breaks his Rule #1 - Never let suspects sit together and puts Ziva and Ben-Gidon together in Interrogation. Perhaps he's hoping Ben-Gidon will break Rule #1a - Never screw over your partner.
- Erik Palladino played a doctor in ER .
- 3rd time Tony has mentioned Alien (Ridley Scott) 1st time was in the episode SWAK and 2nd time was in the episode Chimera.
- 7.05 Code of Conduct When a Marine known for his practical jokes is found dead on Halloween eve, the team discovers that the victim's "good-natured" pranks may have inspired ghoulish retribution. Meanwhile, Ziva tries to adjust to her new role on the team.