|"CHIMERA" 100th Episode|
airdate: October 30, 2007
written by: Dan E. Fesman
directed by: Terrence O'Hara
|While investigating a mysterious death on a top-secret naval research ship at sea, the NCIS team comes upon an abandoned ship which contains a deadly secret that may cost them their lives. (CBS Press Release)|
Tony: Lost something too!
- McGee "calling Earl, shouting groceries, making street pizza."
- Tony sings "baa, baa black ship"
- Tony's references to the movie Willard
- Tony and Ziva's reaction when McGee feels sick in they galley. "Steady McGee."
"Tell that to my stomach."
"Steady Probie's stomach."
"I would not stand there if I were you."
- McGee: (to Gibbs) Found something
- Tony saying "This is perfect, all we need now is a storm" and they hear a huge crash, the look on Tony's face when it happens
- Tony discovering he has a freckle
- Tony: "Yes, I'll take Horror Movies That Take Place on Ships for 500, Alex." The lights go out -
Tony: Oh goody, double Jeopardy.
McGee: Oh jeez.
Ducky: Oh dear.
Jenny: Oh crap.
- Jenny telling the Commander to stop flirting with her
- Jen does not like men hitting on her to persuade her to do things on a professional level. She despises them for it. (And so say all of us: that is not character development, that is just normal, but apparently Gibbs did that a long time ago in Paris!).
- Gibbs and Ducky: not afraid of things that go bump in the night.
- Ziva afraid of spectres.
- Tony afraid of death, rats. He was not afraid of rats, but since he had the plague, he is now afraid of rats.
- Tim is afraid of boats, overcautious re hazards.
- No Abby development: she is just stroppy about the Brainmatter band.
- "In Greek mythology, the Chimera is a monster, depicted as an animal with the head of a lion, the body of a she-goat, and the tail of a dragon (sometimes it had multiple heads). It is a child of Typhon and Echidna. It terrorized Lycia (in Asia Minor), but was eventually killed by the Corinthian hero Bellerophon" (quoted by Sorgina)
-> In this episode, "Chimera" is the name of the top-secret naval research ship.
- The Team is choppered aboard a secret Navy vessel after a mysterious death of one of the crew members. Jenny takes on a fight against the commander of the mission the ship was on. Ziva is getting more and more acquainted with movie vernacular, to the delight of Tony.
- Steven Culp has a special guest appearance. Culp is well known for his former role as "Agent Clayton Webb" on JAG. He played in 41 'J.A.G.'-episodes. He also appeared in 'Desperate Housewives' (as Bree Van De Kamps husband "Rex") and in 'Startrek: Enterprise' as "Major Hayes". In this NCIS-episode, he plays the "Navy Commander William Skinner".
- This is the second Halloween episode in NCIS. The first was "4x6 Witch Hunt".
- When Gibbs asks "Where's McGee" and Tony replies "Calling earl, making street pizza, techicolor yarn..." The yarn he's refering to a scene from the movie version of the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
- Tony is singing his own version of the kids song "Baa-Baa-Black Sheep". His lyrics:
"Black ship, have you any wool?
Yes sir, Yes sir. But no one gets to see it... you're gonna need top secret government clearance."
The original lyrics to compare:
"Black sheep, have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir, Three bags full."
- When McGee, Tony and Ziva go to check out the noise in the cargo hold, Michael Weatherly can be seen whispering something to Sean Murray when Cote is speaking, Sean then nods at Michael.
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD
- Steven Culp (Navy Cmdr. William Skinner)
- Bill Heck (Cory Mitas)
- James O'Shea (Navy Lt. Sean Ferris)
- Graham McTavish (Aleksei)
- Rick Kelly (Navy Captain)
- Christian Svensson (Pirate #1)
- Jordan Marder (Pirate #2)
- Craig Gellis (Civilian Crewman #1)
- Walter Wong (Civilian Crewman #2)
- Roshawn Franklin (Crew Chief Rogers)
- Eiji Inoue (Navy Lt. Cmdr. Satoshi Takada)
Links to add other episode info
What movie/television show did he quote this time?