airdate: October 9, 2007
written by: Alfonso H. Moreno
directed by: Dennis Smith
|Gibbs works with Lt. Col. Mann on the case of a murdered Marine captain, an investigation complicated by the fact that a witness is one of Gibb's ex-wives. (CBS Press Release)|
- One of the funniest episodes of NCIS specially because of the uh .. delicate position that Gibbs finds himself in.
- At the crime scene when the team was watching Gibbs and Mann together and Tony commenting about her being on top.
- When Ducky was asking about who to report to and Gibbs said "her" at the same time when Mann said "me". Tony commented that they better get used to that and got the Gibbs stare ... from Col. Mann!
- Gibbs' sudden 'materialization' beside McGee when he was listening to the lecture over the ear phone.
- When Col. Mann was telling Jenny that the witness is Gibbs ex, Jenny asked: "Will this issue involve lawyers?" and Mann said: "It already did!'
- McGee's jealousy all through the episode was both funny and very cute.
- Tony observing the train wreck of relationships unfolding in front of him: and this time it is not his own. "You want to look away but you can't."
- Tony telling Gibbs after the train wreck "I bet you've never been happier to see me, boss."
- One of the very few times that e see Gibbs cornered by women, the scene in Jenny's office when she learned that the witness is his ex-wife, her interaction with Col. Mann and poor Gibbs reaction to that was so funny. Poor Gibbs: "Do I have a choice?' Both Jenny and Mann at the same time: "No".
- The scene where Tony and Ziva were watching Mann and Stephanie in the interrogation room. Tony: "So which one do you think is prettier. Ex-wife number 3 or future ex-sife number 4?" Ziva: Col. Mann is at a disadvantage because of her uniform." Then looking at Tony: "Tell me you're not trying to imagine her without her uniform."
- The reactions of McGee (delighted) and Gibbs (what-the-heck?) to listening to the elements song.
- McGee trying (and failing) to let Gibbs approve of his working in the lab with Abby and his newest rival.
- McGee. holding a Caf-Pow and coming out of the elevator to Abby's lab and hearing Abby: "Give it to me baby, come on ... Don't make me beg."
- Showdown by Caf-Pow slurping, between McGee and the villain. (Not exactly "High Noon". More "Low 10.53am")
- Gibbs meeting his ex-wife, ex-lover and current lover in a huddle in the bullpen, turning a pained look on them and being derided for it.
- Mann having an identical approach to interrogation like Gibbs (with Reynolds).
- Gibbs and Mann contradicting each others orders while Tony and Ziva don't know what to do. Tony says: "It never turns out well for the kids!"
- McGee telling Abby to close her eyes and the guy will go away. When she opens them, he's still there but McGee is gone.
- Gibbs and Mann at the keyboard. (Gibbs hitting it, Mann saying it needs a 'soft touch' and pushes him out the way. She types something, it doesn't work...she starts hitting the keyboard. McGee comes running over to save his computer.) (When Mann pushes Gibbs away from the computer and bends down to reach the keyboard, Gibbs takes advantage of his position to...uhh..check out the view).
- Abby waiting to punch the villain after he deleted the hard-drive. "Gibbs, can I hit him now?"
- And when Fred asked for a deal, Gibbs let Abby hit him.
- The entire opening scene with the iPods Abby bought with her tax refund money...Ziva...Israli music... McGee... alpha male lessons and Tony, singing to Sinatra and then saying, after the Gibbs stare, "I'm gonna rat pack it up now." Classic DiNozzo!
- McGee who is jealous of Abby's attention to other men.
- Abby who exercises bad judgement about men. Again.
- Jen who is in denial.
- Ducky who is torn: loyalty to Gibbs' secrets vs helping Mann with Gibbs.
- Gibbs who is in denial. He has no light in him when he remembers his Shannon and Kelly: hearing Kelly doesn't make him smile, it still makes him sad.
- Mann whose reaction to Gibbs' loss is empathy to the point of tears. She is moved by love, including the love she hears on that tape.
- Mann who fears failure and uses Intel to help her avoid it: interrogating Ducky about Gibbs was part of Mann's way of dealing with uncertainty (ascertain the facts, then act. They just weren't the facts she expected to hear, so now she is even less certain how to act.)
- Gibbs's third ex-wife, Stephanie, calls him "Gibbs".
- McGee and Fred Rinnart getting into a western Caf-Pow showdown in Abby's Lab.
- One of the rare times where Gibbs' role as the "Daddy" is referred to directly when Gibbs and Mann contradict each other orders and Tony says: "It never turns out well for the kids."
- McGee listening to alpha male wannabe lessons and Gibbs catching him.
- McGee showdown over Caf-Pow with the human computer chip.
- Stephanie sitting in Gibbs' basement when he comes home with his girlfriend.
- Stephanie telling Gibbs that she has to settle for being the doting aunt who still looks great in a bikini (and that she has just learned that yet another man has turned out to be Mr Wrong).
- Mann finding out from Ducky about Shannon and Kelly, then Gibbs walking in before she has time to get over the reaction.
- Mann hearing Kelly and Shannon talking and laughing and wishing Gibbs was with them.
- The look on Gibbs' face at the end.
- The song tune used for the elements song is basically the tune used for Ducky's song, on the character page for Dr Donald Mallard.
- Tom Lehrer's "The Elements Song": http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/IEC/elementsong.html
- Official DIA website: http://www.dia.mil/
- The view at the end of Gibbs' street is impossible, but absolutely beautiful view of the Capitol Building. Gibbs would be a wealthy man if he could sell that view.
- When LTC Mann met Agent Gibbs, she referred to his "four ex-wives." However in this episode she is apparently clueless that he had a fourth (first) wife.
- Stephanie Flynn (Gibbs Ex-wife) was played by Kathleen York. She is a successful singer as well, her song "In the Deep" from the movie 'Crash' was nominated for an Oscar 2005. Her songs have been used in various other series like 'House', 'CSI:New York' and 'Nip/Tuck'.
In the 3rd season of 'Desperate Housewives' she played the new neighbor 'Monique Pollier' at the Wisteria Lane, after playing in 16 episodes of 'The West Wing'.
- At the begin of this episode, we hear the song "Undone" from Will Dailey and his album "Back Flipping Forward".
- The second time Abby recites the USPS motto, "neither rain, nor sleet..."
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD
- Kathleen York (Stephanie Flynn)
- John Mallory Asher (Fred Rinnert)
- Lilli Birdsell (Jill Reynolds)
- Myk Watford (Army Major Eric Sweigart)
- Robin Dunne (Army Lt. Joseph Marsden)
Links to add other episode info
What movie/television show did he quote this time?