|"BURY YOUR DEAD"|
airdate: September 25, 2007
written by: Shane Brennan
directed by: Thomas J. Wright
|The NCIS team uncovers a huge secret, as their mission to capture La Grenouille comes to an explosive and deadly conclusion. (CBS Press Release)|
- When Tony comes out of the elevator, returning from telling Jeanne about who he really is, Kort slams him into the wall of the elevator and demands to know where Rene is. The angle changes and we see Gibbs, McGee, and Ziva all aiming their guns at Kort.
- When Tony returns to his desk after being "dead," he discovers several of his personal items missing. Ziva has his letter opener. Palmer is suspected to have his "American Pie" coffee mug. Ducky is caught trying to sneak the Mighty Mouse stapler back while professing to never have believed that DiNozzo could be dead they were just protecting his things.
- Ziva and McGee saying "What are you doing here in perfect unison.
- Abby, when sleeping in her lab, is using Bart the farting hippo as her pillow, although we are not treated to any sound effects. Abby sleeps on her stomach like a child.
- When confronted by Gibbs, Abby displays an odd approach to keeping secrets, by telling Gibbs that she is not allowed to tell him that the Director ordered her to run the prints on the whisky bottle. She then tells him that she is allowed to tell him that the prints are those of the Director's father, because the Director forgot to tell her to keep this a secret.
- When they try to call Tony on his second (undercover) cellphone, they get the 20th Century Fox fanfare and Tony's voice announcing himself as a professor. Ziva and McGee are astonished at the thought of Tony trying to pretend to be an academic.
- Ziva shows more of her love for Tony or at least her intuition about him and his welfare.
- Jeanne learns that her father is a criminal, and that her relationship with Tony 'DiNardo' was just an undercover assignment.
- Tony tells Jeanne that he truly loves her, and that not all of what he said was a lie.
- We learn a bit more about the Director's interest in the Frog and his relationship to her father. Rene Benoit shows up at the Director's house to discuss surrendering to NCIS. Gibbs also arrives at the house. Jenny pulls a gun out of the drawer in her father's desk and points it at Rene. Jethro tells her that the gun has been unloaded. Jenny lets Rene leave. Jethro admonishes her for letting her "personal feelings" get in the way of doing her job. He then leaves to go and try to find the Frog before his "friends" do in the hopes of getting him to surrender before they kill him.
- Tony's cover name, DiNardo features heavily in this episode. The first time we heard his cover name was in Season 4 when he made dinner for Jeanne and served it in the hospital carpark. He had cooked "Penne a la DiNardo". DiNardo means "of the ointment" or "of the oil".
- See Also: Most of Season 4, as the preamble to this episode: certainly all of the story arc with Jeanne and the Frog, in particular "Brothers in Arms" and "Angel of Death".
- Starting with this episode Charles Floyd Johnson and Shane Brennan are the Executive Producers for NCIS.
- The ending scene was shot in San Pedro (Via Cabrillo Marina, Los Angeles, CA 90731)
- Best Acting:
- The silent grief when Ducky, Palmer, Jen, Ziva, McGee and, above all, Gibbs, arrive at the car bomb site. No sentiment spoken. It is all in the eyes and body language.
- Gibbs' hug for Abby when she demands reassurance that Tony is not dead. Abby has pounced on him with a bear hug: after hesitation, he angles his chin into her neck the way parents hug kids, even while he admits that he has no reassurance to give.
- Tony telling the Director the story of the bombing and then refusing to disclose what happened between him and Jeanne.
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD
- ADD DISCUSSION THREAD